Featured Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Discuss the October 2013 book of the month "The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell.
Saoirse200
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saoirse200.html
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons

Featured Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Post by Saoirse200 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Boy who Lived with ghosts" by John Mitchell, which will be the October 2013 book of the month.]
Book Cover for 9780615793207
Share This Review

The Boy who Lived with Ghosts was definitely not the kind of story I expected it to be. This story is told through John’s perspective between the ages of four and thirteen. This book deals with a lot of disturbing things but it can also be very humorous, I have to say The Boy who Lived with Ghosts is nothing like I have ever read before.

The Paranormal Aspect

This story does have some very chilling scenes but it is not as scary as I expected it to be. There are ghosts or entities that haunt John- but John being haunted is not the main theme of this book, this book is about John’s childhood and his experiences with life which includes his ghostly encounters.

From a Young Boys Perspective

I think the author John Mitchell brilliantly captured the thoughts of a young boy. Sometimes it can frustrate a reader to read a story through a child’s perspective because they do not get as much insight into the lives of the “grown-ups” but the author did a great job of making sure the reader gets as much insight as possible. It’s a very difficult thing to read about such disturbing issues such as child-molestation or abuse especially from young Johns perspective because he had such an innocent outlook on things; the issues that are in this book gave an even bigger impact on the reader because of Johns perspective.

Final Thoughts

The Boy who Lived with Ghosts is a brilliant read. John’s story triggered a lot of emotions for me when I was reading and it brought me close to tears. I am going to give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I think it’s simply brilliant, I am going to recommend this book to you because it offers an insight into Johns heart-breaking childhood which will make you appreciate all that you have a lot more, The Boy who Lived with Ghosts is definitely a worthwhile read.

This book deals with serious themes that some readers may find offensive; therefore I would not recommend it to somebody who is looking for a light read or anybody under the age of 18.

Buy "The Boy who Lived with ghosts" on Amazon
Buy "The Boy who Lived with ghosts" on Barnes and Noble
[Update: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts is the October 2013 book of the month right here on OnlineBookClub.org. Click here to discuss the book in its special subforum as book of the month.]
lbrude
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lbrude »

sounds like a really good book.
Saoirse200

Post by Saoirse200 »

Yes it is:)
eroticreader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eroticreader.html

Post by eroticreader »

I have been wanting to read this book
Alicesumner_247

Post by Alicesumner_247 »

Sounds an interesting read. Being a paranormal fan this would be definitely up my street. Will look forwards to reading it.
books_magic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-magic.html

Post by books_magic »

Nice review! The cover doesn't look so exciting to me, but I am happy that the story is.
erick01
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick01.html
Latest Review: "If Your Wife is so Good... Why are You in the Bed With Me?" by Alisha Coleman

Post by erick01 »

Sounds like a great read!
Latest Review: "If Your Wife is so Good... Why are You in the Bed With Me?" by Alisha Coleman
dream haven

Post by dream haven »

The tile of the book captured my attention, maybe cause I enjoy those kind of stories. From what I have read it sounds pretty amazing!!
Saoirse200

Post by Saoirse200 »

Thanks for the comments, Check it out if you are looking to escape to a different world for a few days lol. I actually found it to be really enlightening because of the living conditions the story took place in. This book definitely highlights the fact that people can be just as scary as the paranormal.
mini_m

Post by mini_m »

Sounds like something I would be interested in reading. I like to read different books and do not have a particular genre.

This sounds like a book I would enjoy
aparnow

Post by aparnow »

OH! This sounds fantastic!! I love paranormal books!!
teslachism1

Post by teslachism1 »

The review is alright. The beginning of the review sounded like disappointment, then gave a 4 out of 4. I would consider reading this. It is not all scary scenes. I would love to read the authors point of view on a child in this type of situation.
alexanderandreas021

Post by alexanderandreas021 »

I know I grew up in a haunted house. It was burnt down by two young boys who were living there. Where did the ghost go? Do they walk around on the lot that the house was on? Do they walk in another dimension and the house is still there to them?
fuhlaouer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuhlaouer.html

Post by fuhlaouer »

Sounds like a great book, thanks for the information!
alexclark512

Post by alexclark512 »

Sounds like an awesome book i would read that book :)

Return to “"The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell”