Featured Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Discuss the October 2013 book of the month "The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell.
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Re: Featured Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

I enjoyed the sample. The details are really densely compacted which was discouraging at first but once I became familiar with the characters I really enjoyed them and the unique point of view.
jeszaolorvida
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by jeszaolorvida »

This book is really amazing. This was the first book ever read in my life and it makes me feel excited because the book is unique for me and I would recommend this book to you because this is worth reading with. :D
Simon Evans
Currently Reading: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Simon Evans »

The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell is not the scary type of novel rather it involves John and his ghostly experience at a tender age, from four to thirteen and I really want to read this book, rated at four star that's classic.
kjs_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kjs_ »

I would really love to read this book. Im into this kind of genre or theme of a story.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I enjoy a good ghost story every now and then, and I’m intrigued buy the emotional aspects of this story. I’ll have to read the sample for this one.
personwholovesbooks
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by personwholovesbooks »

This book has nothing to do with ghosts or supernatural but rather it evolves around a young boy's journey on abuse, alcoholism, mental illness and torture-ghosts of his past that keeps haunting him. This is very chilling, startling and emotional story.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes.
I'm thinking of making a few more."
Soulimpression
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: The Arc Of The Swallow
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soulimpression.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Soulimpression »

Thanks for the great review! Sounds like an interesting story. I'll have to give it a try.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for your easy-to-digest review! I never thought to format my reviews to make it easier for potential readers to navigate - good job! I really enjoyed the sample on Amazon, but hearing that this book has some paranormal aspects is slightly off-putting.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

Great review. This sounds like an interesting book and I loved the way the author easily portrays his story in the sample through his 5-year-old self. He does an amazing job at that as you mentioned. I really enjoyed how you organized your review. It made it easier for me to focus on the highlights of it. Thank you for sharing.
Madison Degraffenreid
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html

Post by Silvermoon »

The abuse is too disturbing, I don't think I can read it. Your review is helpful. Thanks!
Happy Bunny
Currently Reading: Not Without My Sister
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Happy Bunny »

Thank you for your review! Any book that can make me cry, instantly becomes one of my favourites. Reading the review, my heart breaks for John just knowing what I'm about to read is something he went through. No child should ever have to endure violence, and molestation. I enjoyed the free sample of the book, and will be purchasing the full ebook.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I got a copy today, this is right up my alley! I love the paranormal genre. Ghost stories involving kids are spooky. Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked the book.
Sico
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sico »

Very nice book, it actually kept me on suspense as how the whole story was but in all is very nice .
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Hmmm...I'm kind'a on the fence about this one. On the one hand, I get it, the kinds of "ghosts" mentioned in the title and it sounds really interesting, but at the same time, I don't really go for memoie-type stories. I'll mull it over some more after finishing the sample, but you made a great case for this one.
Shaat
Currently Reading: Rich Dad and Poor Dad
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Shaat »

The story "the boy who lived with ghost" is not my cup of tea but it sound good, the writer did their best to plot the situation of a young boy who being haunt by ghost and it is very diffidifficult to read and write about child abuse, but the book is worth to read.

-- 20 Nov 2017, 21:16 --
Shaat wrote:The story "The boy who lived with ghost" is not my cup of tea but it sound good, the writer did their best to plot the situation of a young boy who being haunt by ghost and it is very diffidifficult to read and write about child abuse, but the book is worth to read.

Return to “"The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell”