Official Review: Mister's Miss by Cee Robins

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing a single book or single series in each topic thread. Please set the title of the topic thread as the name of the book or series, and preferably include also the author's name if it fits. If you want to discuss a book in its entirety, i.e. you don't mind spoilers, please also include the word spoilers in the subject to warn users who may not want to read spoilers. If a thread does not have a clear spoiler warning, then it is against the forum rules to post spoilers in it. If you are an author or publisher, you may not start a topic about your own book; instead please click here to learn how to get your book or ebook reviewed.
KristyKhem
2019 Reading Goal: 150
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 120
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Emergence of Modern Brain and the Build-Up of Imaginary Civilization by Dan M. Mrejeru

Official Review: Mister's Miss by Cee Robins

Post by KristyKhem » 08 Feb 2019, 12:39

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mister's Miss" by Cee Robins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Written as an escape from his loveless marriage, C. Robins crafts a masterpiece of sensual eroticism in his book, Mister’s Miss. This erotic fiction novel tells the story of Mister, a young bachelor who feels unfulfilled in life. After losing a sales competition at work, he takes a sabbatical to recover from his morose emotions. The night before he returns to work, he has an intense sensual dream of a beautiful woman who lustfully awakens his sexual desires. This prompts Mister to write an intimate advertisement in an attempt to find the perfect ‘Miss’ who can fulfill all of his erotic fantasies. Two equally fascinating women, M and S, respond to his advertisement. He begins to engage in written fantasies with both of them via emails. However, Mister also contemplates whether his sexy co-worker, D, could be the woman he’s looking for. Who is Mister’s perfect ‘Miss’? Is it M, S, or D?

What I liked most about this book were the erotic descriptions. They were unique, poetic depictions that conjured up surprisingly sensual imageries while leaving a lot of things to the imagination. These appealed to all of my five senses which evoked tantalizing emotions of lust. Besides people, objects were also erotically described. For example, the cruise ship in Mister’s dream was described as having ‘sensualistic curves that stretched the full length of her 404 feet of chivalrous magnificence’. I really admired the author’s ability to create literary metaphors and infuse them with sexual innuendoes. I also liked that these were eloquently written as opposed to obscene narratives which are typically found in many erotic fiction novels. In my opinion, the writing style alone sets this book apart from the others in its genre.

I also appreciated that the names of the main characters were not revealed. ‘Mister’ and ‘Miss’ were used in place of real names. Letters were also used to refer to characters like M, S, and D who were the three women being pursued by Mister. This definitely added a modicum of mystery to their identities. This also made me feel as if I were given an intimate look at their interconnected lives, but without truly knowing who they were.

The names of places in the book made me laugh because they were very erotically direct. For instance, the name of the cruise ship was Lucid Wet Dream. The café where Mister met his Miss was called Café Puséé which was a hilarious reference to the common name for the female genitalia. These candid names juxtaposed the eloquence of the writing style and added humor. I appreciated this.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I found it be an exhilarating read. There were a few errors that I stumbled upon, but these were minor things like the absence of hyphens in compound phrases. Its expressive writing style, mysterious characters, and humor prompted me to rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I think the novel was edited professionally. Mister’s Miss will be enjoyed by adult fans of erotic literature. It’s definitely unsuitable for teen readers because of the sexual content. Although the novel was largely focused on heterosexual erotica, it also contained bisexual descriptions so readers who don’t like this might not be interested in reading it.

Mister's Miss
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!

Rose Harebate
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Rose Harebate » 11 Feb 2019, 01:56

Expressive writing style, mysterious characters, and humor makes this book enjoyable. Great review!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Raven Dock by Sara Caldwell

Post by kandscreeley » 11 Feb 2019, 09:46

If you are into erotic fiction, it sounds like this would be a good one to pick up. I'm not, and it doesn't have any other elements that would interest me. I'll pass. Thanks.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by kdstrack » 11 Feb 2019, 12:37

This is the first time I have heard a cruise ship described as erotic! You have written a positive review for people who enjoy this genre.

BelleReadsNietzsche
2019 Reading Goal: 36
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 278
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche » 11 Feb 2019, 22:10

This sounds very well-done. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, right now I think I’m less interested in books like this that are told from a male perspective/have a male main character. I suppose I am also picky with erotic fiction in general; sensitive to overdone tropes and in need of really strong characters. Still, I enjoyed your review and the thought you put into it!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Shielasshi_93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shielasshi-93.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Shielasshi_93 » 12 Feb 2019, 01:50

I love the author did not named his characters, I agree that it added mystery to the story. I feel sad for the author being in a loveless marriage.

KristyKhem
2019 Reading Goal: 150
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 120
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Emergence of Modern Brain and the Build-Up of Imaginary Civilization by Dan M. Mrejeru

Post by KristyKhem » 14 Feb 2019, 10:48

kdstrack wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 12:37
This is the first time I have heard a cruise ship described as erotic! You have written a positive review for people who enjoy this genre.
Haha, same here. Thanks!

_Delly_01
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by _Delly_01 » 14 Feb 2019, 23:13

The mystery of hidden names sounds exciting. While I agree that the names referring to the ship and cafe were funny, and made me laugh in reading your review, I don't think I could take the book seriously because of it. But your review was pleasant, and I enjoyed reading it. Thank-you.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”