Official Review: Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing a single book or single series in each topic thread. Please set the title of the topic thread as the name of the book or series, and preferably include also the author's name if it fits. If you want to discuss a book in its entirety, i.e. you don't mind spoilers, please also include the word spoilers in the subject to warn users who may not want to read spoilers. If a thread does not have a clear spoiler warning, then it is against the forum rules to post spoilers in it. If you are an author or publisher, you may not start a topic about your own book; instead please click here to learn how to get your book or ebook reviewed.
Mouricia25
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 216
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Official Review: Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly

Post by Mouricia25 » 05 Feb 2019, 05:24

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Temptation Trials Rebellion" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly is a dystopian romance novel. It is about a society in which the government chooses who you will marry once you turn 21 years old. You do not have a choice and any relationships formed before that age will not be taken into consideration. If you commit adultery, you will be punished, and divorce is not allowed.

A tournament of sorts has been created, where a selected few go to an island and perform various acts in order to win the right to choose who they will marry. Things don't always go the way we want them to, and the characters experience this truth first hand.

What I liked most about this book was that the writing seemed very professional. I also liked how interesting the storyline was, and I kept wanting to read more to see how it would end. There was a twist in the novel that I loved, but cannot talk about for fear of it being a spoiler, and for that, I thank the author.

What I disliked the most was how fast everything seemed to be moving; where a few days or weeks passed once you flip the page. My biggest issue with the plot is just how quickly the contestants developed feelings for each other, especially since they were supposed to already be in love with other people. It felt a bit too unrealistic and forced to me; a bit like things happened just because they could.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It would have gotten a 4 out of 4 if I didn't think it was a little too on the nose at some points. It is a good book and is well edited. I saw only one typo throughout the entire book and no formatting issues. I had no significant problems when I was reading it, just a few things plot details I didn't like. I liked how short it was. It is a perfect weekend novel. I would recommend this book to readers who love dystopian novels. This book has a lot of mature content, and I would not recommend it for children under the age of 16.

Temptation Trials Rebellion
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Raven Dock by Sara Caldwell

Post by kandscreeley » 08 Feb 2019, 08:35

I know Ms. Truly has written several of these Temptation Trials novels. I wonder where this one fits in the scheme of things. I do enjoy a good dystopian novel, but the mature content has me staying away from this series. Thanks, though.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Amy+++
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 700
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: Love at first Sight
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ » 10 Feb 2019, 09:08

I enjoyed your review. I have never read a romance like this one before. I will be adding this to my shelves.

aribear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aribear » 12 Feb 2019, 20:08

This sounds like it could be a nice book to read. I wish it wasn't rushed though.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”