Official Review: Donovan's Bride by A.E. Easterlin

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Official Review: Donovan's Bride by A.E. Easterlin

Post by Alice Thokchom »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Donovan's Bride" by A.E. Easterlin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Donovan's Bride by A.E. Easterlin is a story about a woman who falls in love with her brother-in-law after the death of her abusive husband. Packed with thrills and twists, this book portrays the real sparks of unusual love between two persons. It also has other themes like inheritance conflict, jealousy, dilemma, etc.

Lilly is the wife of Shane, who is the youngest son of John Donovan. John Donovan gave Shane a large portion of inheritance which made Lilly a rich widow after Shane died. Not long after Shane’s death, Grant, his brother, began to get close to Lilly. Some part of him felt guilty for lusting after his own brother’s wife, but he couldn’t keep it a secret. Stone, the second son, had concerns about the inheritance of the land. Lilly didn’t have much connection with Shane's family, and Stone perceived her to be a cold woman. There was also a man who liked Lilly, and he tried to win both her heart and wealth. So, there was a conflict between him and Shane. Lilly also liked both of them. It would be interesting to read and find out the final winner of Lilly’s heart.

In this book, the author uses third person narrative and describes every scene with minute details. The book is divided into twenty-eight chapters which do not have any break in the flow. The plot is beautifully woven with romance and a bit of action at the end. Every character fits so well that they all stand out with their uniqueness.

The thrill gradually gained momentum as I went further into the storyline. What I liked the most was the twist of the plot and the way the author describes emotions. At some point, I could actually feel what Lilly felt. There are also revelations which a reader would not expect beforehand. Thus, it creates an eagerness to read further and makes the book interesting. At the end of the book, the author also includes summaries of some other books.

This is an amazing book. I would recommend it for those who love romantic thrillers. It will give the taste of deep emotions and dilemma that a person faces in life. However, I found a lot of mistakes in this books which makes me believe that it is not professionally edited. So, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

Donovan's Bride
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Thokchom Alice's review? Post a comment saying so!
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

It sounds like a great romance. I am curious if she stays with the brother. Thank you for the exciting review!
:tiphat:
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This looks like an interesting romance novel. I wonder if Grant was able to win Lilly over.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I do enjoy that this book is not just a simple romance. Nonetheless, romance isn't my thing. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, but I'm going to pass. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:

Post by Alice Thokchom »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 00:20 It sounds like a great romance. I am curious if she stays with the brother. Thank you for the exciting review!
Thanks for taking time to read the review.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:

Post by Alice Thokchom »

T_stone wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 02:08 This looks like an interesting romance novel. I wonder if Grant was able to win Lilly over.
It will get more interesting when you read the story. Thanks for commenting on the review.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:

Post by Alice Thokchom »

kandscreeley wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 09:01 I do enjoy that this book is not just a simple romance. Nonetheless, romance isn't my thing. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, but I'm going to pass. Thanks, though.
Thanks for taking the time to read the review.
Taytay15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taytay15.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Taytay15 »

That was very interesting. I would love to read this book based on this review. Lily seems like a very intriguing character.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:

Post by Alice Thokchom »

Taytay15 wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 22:26 That was very interesting. I would love to read this book based on this review. Lily seems like a very intriguing character.
Thanks for the comment.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”