Official Review: Peaches and Cream by Veronica Paige

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Official Review: Peaches and Cream by Veronica Paige

Post by Manang Muyang »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Peaches and Cream" by Veronica Paige.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My name is Allie. I just turned eighteen, and I’m still a virgin. I do plan to remedy that very soon. I have always felt that Daniel and I will end up together. After all, we have been best friends since the third grade. But lately, I have been fantasizing about someone more interesting - his dad. Now I'm here again in Daniel’s bedroom, studying with him for the coming final exams. But we're graduating from high school in a few weeks, and my Chemistry book holds no interest for me. I want to learn another lesson, one that I have been fixating on for the last several months. I think I am ready. Hey, I am more than ready!

Who will teach me that lesson I am dying to learn? Would it be the son, or the father?

Make no mistake. Peaches and Cream by Veronica Paige is not a romance story. It is plain sex with no commitment. For those who are scandalized by carnal activities outside a loving relationship, don’t touch this book with a ten-foot pole. Those who are more openminded will find that the book delivers on its erotic promise. The author admits to having sexual fantasies and writes her stories to “play out those fantasies.” She invites you to watch Allie.

The book cover clearly depicts what’s on those pages; there are no surprises. The contents are, as intended, hot and steamy. The language has vulgar words consistent with the goings-on; as such, these do not offend. The story is alternately told by the man and the woman, so the book would appeal to both sexes. Though I am no Kama Sutra expert, I’d say the reader would learn a thing or two in the techniques department. I find the actions and reactions realistic. For those who enjoy erotica, this book will be a desirable read. It’s a short but sizzling story, a definite “whirlwind.”

The ending is left to the reader’s imagination. However, there is an insinuation that bothers me.

Though I think those eighteen and above are mature enough for this book, I have these additional snippets for the interested reader’s consideration. Daniel’s father is necessarily a lot older than Allie though his age is not divulged. A wife is not indicated, so adultery may not be a concern. There is no mention of protection.

Moreover, the book needs better editing. There are erroneous line breaks, punctuation errors, and misspellings. I also cannot comprehend the reason for italicizing selected words. And I take offense at the use of the term “baby girl” and the pet name “Allie Cat.” (The girl is eighteen!) These issues cost the book a star.

The author is transparent about her purpose for writing this book. Save for the points mentioned, I believe she has achieved that purpose well. While I personally do not advocate either casual or unsafe sex, I believe this book deserves 3 out of 4 stars.

Peaches and Cream
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Miriam Molina's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

Wow. This was a brave undertaking, and I take my hat off to you for handling it so well. You have given us the basic idea with no gratuitous details, highlighted the shortcomings, and have been more than clear as to what to expect. The cover illustration speaks a thousand words, if any one is still unsure of what lies within. Excellent review. Thanks!
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I think it's refreshing to read a sex novel that is written from both a man's perspective and a woman's perspective. Assuming that the readers are heterosexual, I would imagine this would provide a very interesting view into the minds of both male and female characters and possibly provide some insight as to how men and women think in real life when it comes to sex. I am glad to hear that there was no wife in the picture, yet I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped Allie from wanting the dad. In fact, the presence of a wife would have probably made Allie more attracted to him because she would have seen him as a challenge. Or the wife could have ended up being bisexual and the story could have ended in a long sweaty threesome. I'm getting carried away here. Thanks for the review.
:character-ariel:
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

sonya01 wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 17:30 Wow. This was a brave undertaking, and I take my hat off to you for handling it so well. You have given us the basic idea with no gratuitous details, highlighted the shortcomings, and have been more than clear as to what to expect. The cover illustration speaks a thousand words, if any one is still unsure of what lies within. Excellent review. Thanks!
You are right about "brave." I was scratching my head while reading. I didn't know how to go about the review. Thanks for the reassurance.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Alicia09 wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 20:53 I think it's refreshing to read a sex novel that is written from both a man's perspective and a woman's perspective. Assuming that the readers are heterosexual, I would imagine this would provide a very interesting view into the minds of both male and female characters and possibly provide some insight as to how men and women think in real life when it comes to sex. I am glad to hear that there was no wife in the picture, yet I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped Allie from wanting the dad. In fact, the presence of a wife would have probably made Allie more attracted to him because she would have seen him as a challenge. Or the wife could have ended up being bisexual and the story could have ended in a long sweaty threesome. I'm getting carried away here. Thanks for the review.
Maybe Veronica has that plot in another book. Amazon describes her as a 'hot mama who writes wicked books at night" after a regular day in the office.

Thanks for visiting.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

It saddens me when young people view their virginity as a situation that needs to be "remedied." Well, I hope "Allie Cat" gets what's coming to her lol! Too bad about the editing mistakes, though. Thanks for this succinct review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Vickie Noel wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 23:45 It saddens me when young people view their virginity as a situation that needs to be "remedied." Well, I hope "Allie Cat" gets what's coming to her lol! Too bad about the editing mistakes, though. Thanks for this succinct review.
Thanks for reading and commenting! I admit I was tempted by the shortness of the book (just 15 pages). Writing this review was tough, though.

I bet you will chuckle when you see my next review. That's what I call serendipity.
Pearlnavon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pearlnavon »

As a female who wasn't as innocent at that age. I find "Peaches and Cream" by Veronica Paige quite relatable and even though I'm in my mid 20's now and also have a daughter of my own. I can still understand that curious sexual drive that a girl of 18 years would have! Anything with sexual pleasure involved interests me anyway. Lol but hey Ms. Paige can't please everyone hun. Thanks for this eye catching review!
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This is one smart , eloquent, and courageous review! I salute you for handling this book superbly. :tiphat:
arinola grace
Currently Reading: A Tome of Order Magic
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arinola-grace.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B077RNJR5N

Post by arinola grace »

That was an excellent review, and a well handled one at that.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 12:19 This is one smart , eloquent, and courageous review! I salute you for handling this book superbly. :tiphat:
Thanks for the appreciation. It was a difficult job.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

arinola grace wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 19:37 That was an excellent review, and a well handled one at that.
Thanks for the appreciation. This was a tough review to write.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Pearlnavon wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 03:58 As a female who wasn't as innocent at that age. I find "Peaches and Cream" by Veronica Paige quite relatable and even though I'm in my mid 20's now and also have a daughter of my own. I can still understand that curious sexual drive that a girl of 18 years would have! Anything with sexual pleasure involved interests me anyway. Lol but hey Ms. Paige can't please everyone hun. Thanks for this eye catching review!
Thank you for your openness. I love your avatar.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Wow, although from the looks of the cover I'm not too surprised. I might read it. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
Chibae jos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Chibae jos »

The girl in the story she has sexual desires though she is still a virgin..she has sexual desire for both the bestfriend and her best friends father and she is not sure whether to loose her virginity to the bestfriend or the bestfriend father.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”