Official Review: Save The Last Dance by M.G. Crisci

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Official Review: Save The Last Dance by M.G. Crisci

Post by Book Lover 35 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Save The Last Dance" by M.G. Crisci.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what happened to a childhood crush? A lot of times we just lose contact, not intentionally, but because sooner or later people move on. For Charles and Fanny, they were able to stay in contact with each other through their whole lives. No, I do not mean through Facebook either. This bittersweet romance is called Save the Last Dance. It was written by M.G. Crisci.

Charlie had two passions in life. One was music and the other was Fanny. Charlie and Fanny have been best friends since they were eight. By the time they were teenagers, they were in a relationship. Because of Charlie's love for music, he started working at a music shop in order to pay for accordion lessons. Charlie ends up being very successful at playing the accordion and soon ends up being very famous. While his musical dreams are finally coming true, his relationship with Fanny is becoming a thing of the past. Both of them end up moving on with their lives, but they never forget the love they have for each other.

This book was wonderful to read. I enjoy reading romances and this book was like the icing on a cake. I like that the story was not fast-paced. I was able to learn about their relationship and I felt the love that the two had for each other. As a kid, Charlie would buy Fanny flowers and he would also sketch pictures of her. Fanny did all she could to help Charlie pursue his dreams. I really liked both Fanny and Charlie. They both were enjoyable characters. I was able to learn a lot about them both. I enjoyed reading about their life as they grew up. I learned what being famous could do to someone's ego. I also learned about some of the struggles a musician may have to face. There was a lot of characters in the book,but there wasn't so many for it to become confusing. The character I liked the least was Tess. She was Charlie's sister. She was jealous of Fanny because of all the attention Charlie was giving her. I thought that was weird. I liked learning what life was like in the early 1900's. I enjoyed reading about what people did for entertainment. There is a black and white picture before every chapter. There are pictures of Fanny and Charlie, their family members, and also his accordion. The book had a good ending and there was also a beautiful poem at the end.

There are some grammar errors in the book. I noticed one inconsistency in the story. It has to do with someone's death. The person died of a health reason and later in the book it said they committed suicide. I give this story 3 out of 4 stars. I give this book 3 stars because of the errors. I didn't want to give the story 2 stars because I enjoyed reading it and I appreciated the pictures.

I think anyone who enjoys a romantic story would love this book. There isn't a lot of action to it, so it could be boring to some viewers. There isn't any sexual scenes and the language is clean. I'm glad I had the pleasure in reading it. I hope others enjoy it as much as I did.

Save The Last Dance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Book Lover 35's review? Post a comment saying so!
:tiphat:
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This sounds like a sweet but somewhat sad tale. I particularly like the inclusion of the black and white photos. Sometimes, a good, clean romance is just the right book!
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

Sometimes a clean romance is better than all the romantic tension that's in most romance books. I love books that talk about the past and especially ones that talk about the early 1900's. It's really amazing how our paths cross with people. Thanks for the great review and summary!
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

kfwilson6 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 13:15 This sounds like a sweet but somewhat sad tale. I particularly like the inclusion of the black and white photos. Sometimes, a good, clean romance is just the right book!
The pictures were wonderful. Thank you for the comment!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

serendipity 27 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 14:59 Sometimes a clean romance is better than all the romantic tension that's in most romance books. I love books that talk about the past and especially ones that talk about the early 1900's. It's really amazing how our paths cross with people. Thanks for the great review and summary!
It is. Your welcome. Thank you!
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

This sounds like a 'feel good' sort of book despite the challenges the characters faced. Lovely review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be similar to the "save the last dance" movie. Although that's also about romance, music and dancing, it's quite different from this; both have a few similarities. Thanks for the good review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 19:46 This sounds like a 'feel good' sort of book despite the challenges the characters faced. Lovely review!
Thank you. It's a nice book to relax to. Thank you for the comment.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

T_stone wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 20:37 When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be similar to the "save the last dance" movie. Although that's also about romance, music and dancing, it's quite different from this; both have a few similarities. Thanks for the good review
I guess it is similar a little. Two different time zones. Both have to do with music. Thank you for the comment!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a unique book in this genre. I also would love to read it just to see how life in the 1900s was. It is true that fame may become a snare at times. Nice review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Kibetious wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 00:07 This is a unique book in this genre. I also would love to read it just to see how life in the 1900s was. It is true that fame may become a snare at times. Nice review.
It was very interesting. Thank you!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Aww! This sounds like a very sweet story. I love that it's a clean romance. That's rare to find any more. I might have to look at this one as more of a light read for me, but I have so many other stories on my list at this point, I don't know when I'll get to this one. I enjoyed your review, though. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

kandscreeley wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 09:51 Aww! This sounds like a very sweet story. I love that it's a clean romance. That's rare to find any more. I might have to look at this one as more of a light read for me, but I have so many other stories on my list at this point, I don't know when I'll get to this one. I enjoyed your review, though. Thanks.
Thank you.Thanks for the comment!
joyokoh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by joyokoh »

i have usually washed a motive titled Save the last dance. I love romance book, I think I will reads this book. it sounds to interesting.
Danifresh001
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Danifresh001 »

Is some what sad because the both of them didn't get married as there grow up, I have learnt a lesson from the summary of how to treat a lady right

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”