Official Review: Love Will Find A Way

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Official Review: Love Will Find A Way

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Will Find A Way" by Juanita Tischendorf.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Things weren’t so bad for Drake Parker even after his marriage fell apart. He had a stable job, a good relationship with his children and a good attitude towards everything. Things took a drastic turn for him when he got a call from his doctor. Turns out, he had cancer and because of the severity of the disease, he didn’t have more than one year to live. Trinity Hunter found herself in a similar situation. Yes, her life hadn’t been so well, especially when she was dumped after being in a relationship for five years. However, she knew she would get over it in a while. But, before that could happen, she was told that a rare form of cancer had taken over her body. Just like Parker, she didn’t have more than a year to live. A twist of fate brought these two together. Now, the quest wasn’t to die together but to live.

Love Will Find A Way by Juanita Tischendorf is the story of two people haunted by their imminent mortality. How do you handle life when it doesn’t give you much time? Should you let yourself fall for someone? More importantly, should you let someone else fall for you when you know that you’re not going to be around for long? It is these questions that haunt the protagonists of this novel. Their decisions, and consequently, their life is shaped by these things. Tischendorf has aptly portrayed the situations of people suffering from cancer. How they react when they first discover the limit placed on their life-span, how they try to beat death and how they live.

The characters of Parker and Trinity are realistically sketched. The emotions that they feel and the regrets that they contemplate on are what everyone goes through in their life. I liked that I could relate to these characters on various levels. Unlike other romantic novels, this one refrained from making anything too cheesy or over the top. The people in this story are as real as they come. They were not completely black or white. They had mixed emotions and they were dealing with them, just as every normal person does. Considering how well-thought-out the characters were, I thought the story would turn out good. However, it suffered from some major flaws that are hard to ignore.

One of the things that let me down about this book was its writing style. It was botched up on a lot of levels and rectifying it would take some work. First of all, there are many, many grammatical mistakes in it. A once in a while error can be ignored, but a once every while thing is hard to disregard. Apart from the typos and other errors, the tenses were also discontinuous. For example, the sentences are flowing in the past tense, and then suddenly, they turn into the present tense. A similar thing happened with the narrative. For the most part, the story was being told in the third person. But, every now and then, it would suddenly take the form of the first person. Such things created a hindrance in the reading flow which, in turn, diminished the interest in the story.

My rating for Love Will Find A Way is 1 out of 4 stars. Had it not been for the disordered writing style and the plethora of grammatical mistakes, perhaps, I would have enjoyed this book. Certainly, there is a lot of potential in the story. The characters are strong, they just weren’t written too well. Also, the story had a realistic tone, but sometimes, it felt a bit mundane. A little bit more of action or emotion would do it some good. In an ideal situation, I’d recommend this book to everyone who is interested in the romantic genre, especially the ones who love The Fault in Our Stars type stories. I wish that this book receives an editorial perspective and after all its problems are sorted out, people should definitely get their hands on it.

Love Will Find A Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ReviewerDiksha's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

A rather unusual love story with cancer patients at its core. It sounds interesting, and it's bound to be eye-opening. I hope the copy you read isn't the final version, and that a skilled editor gets their hands on the book as soon as possible.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The book sounds like it had potential, just needs some more editing. The book almost sounds like a tragic love story, since both are going to die so soon. Great review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like it has the potential to be quite emotional with the characters both being cancer patients. It's too bad about the numerous errors; I'm still not sure why authors feel the need to skip the proofreading step at the very least. Thanks for the review, but I guess I'll wait until another round of editing has occurred.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This sounds very emotional. I don't even know why anyone would be thinking about a new romantic relationship with their impending death so close. Very sad and somewhat odd story. I think I would have passed even had you given it a higher rating.
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz »

It is always a shame when books are never edited to the best of standards. You would think that the first priotiry in publishing any type of novel is checking for grammar. it is a shame that this author did not put in the time to fix the mistakes and hopefully later on they can fix that.
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

this book sound very fine because it will teach you to be very careful before you fell in love with sick One's
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I wish it wasn't a sad book. I like the summary. It's a shame about the grammar errors. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

The dilemma in the book is very strong and I think that's what makes this story great... despite the errors I still would want to give it a try.
Temidayo Omowunmi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temidayo-omowunmi.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Temidayo Omowunmi »

The things that love will make us do. Hopefully the author rectify this errors, then I'll read.
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

It's a shame that the writing let you down, the book sounded great otherwise.
Thank you for the informative review!
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

It is unfortunate that this book had some a good premise and character only to be a let down due to mistakes. Thank you for your great review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

While reading the review and comments, i heard the song What I Did for Love playing in my head. This sounds like a tear-jerker. Even the writing errors will make you cry.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

It is so emotional and heart-touching. I think I don't have the courage to read such an emotional book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”