Official Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2)

Post by 1ditzyrn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2)" by Bellamy Westbay.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Genesis (The Infinity Series Book 2) by Bellamy Westbay is an exciting novel following a group of people as they journey to find the cure for a poisoned companion. It is the second book in a series about a banished angel, Alex, and his friends. Alex is in love with a human, Gwen, who was kidnapped and poisoned in the first novel in the series. The second book picks up where the first book ended and follows Alex, Gwen, and her friend Jasper as they travel across the multiverse to find three keys that will open a door to the Tree of Life. Alex feels that fruit from this tree is the only option to save Gwen’s life.

We follow along as the trio travels from Earth to planets in other galaxies to meet with gatekeepers who guard the keys to the Tree of Life. These gatekeepers each require a task be performed in order to grant a key. Once the keys are obtained they can then access the Tree of Life whose fruit will grant immortality to Gwen, thereby counteracting the poison and saving her life. The story is told from multiple viewpoints, each chapter alternating between the viewpoint of the various main characters.

I was a little concerned prior to starting this novel, as I had not read the first one in the series. I was prepared to read the story and if necessary read the first one for better context. What I found was that there were enough references to incidents in the first novel to make the story make sense to me. There were times while reading the story that I wished I had read the first one in order to really understand the depth of emotion the characters were feeling, but it did not make following along with the story difficult.

I particularly enjoyed the interactions between a few of the characters. The dialogue between characters flowed easily and was well written. The author was very descriptive when talking about the various planets and peoples that were introduced. As a fan of this genre, I have read several paranormal books regarding angels. This book seemed to follow the standard formula for the genre so it was a bit predictable but I still found it entertaining.

The book seemed to be professionally edited, as I noted no spelling or grammar errors in the writing. The story was easy to follow, despite the alternating viewpoints. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is some strong language present, as well as some sexual content so I would not recommend it for younger readers. It does end on a cliffhanger, but in a way that wraps up one situation and sets up for the next novel. I enjoyed this book and am waiting for the third in the series to be published so that I can see how the story continues.

Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like 1ditzyrn's review? Post a comment saying so!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

It is good that the second book in the series told enough background for the reader to follow the story well without reading the first in the series. The travel to other planets could be interesting and add to the collection of the keys to the tree of life.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is great. I was also a bit worried when I read that this is the continuation of the story in the first book. It is fascinating and I would love to read it. It is almost an allusion to the fall of mankind in the book of Genesis although this is now an attempt to access the tree that Adam and Eve were barred from accessing it. Thanks for the nice review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by primeRex »

The "Genesis" of man's existence, a period before the madness in the world today, cannot be without the mention of love and selfless sacrifices. The idea of rummaging through the multiverse in bid to restore a friend's life surely gives a taste of THE GENESIS. Good review!
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

This sounds like a good book to read. I like that it was easy to follow along with even though it had alternating viewpoints. I have read books where that happens, but the transitions from one to the other make it hard to follow along with what is going on.
Mac :techie-reference:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love that this was pretty much a standalone and that you enjoyed it! I don't think it's for me. I'm really not much into romance, especially in a case such as this. Still, if you like this genre it would be worth looking at. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I almost reviewed this one but I was not sure about the romance part. Great review.
Amanda Deck
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

Immortality for a human...is that really wise? This story sounds like the part in the Bible where the Sons of God fell in love with the daughters of Eve and made for all sorts of trouble - those mysterious giants, I think. (I'll have to check.) This sounds pretty good, and at least they have to perform tasks to prove worthiness for the keys to immortality. I'm curious as to how they persuaded the gatekeepers that they deserved a chance. Guess I'll have to read it to find out.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

Seems the book is full of adventure. Its so encouraging that the book is a standalone and one will not feel left out if they miss book one. I would love to read the book.
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

It's good to know that this is standalone but the plot seems nothing novel to me. Hence, I am going to skip this one. Thanks for the review!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

It seems like Alex, Gwen, and Jasper has to go through a lot to discover a cure for Gwen. I hope it pays out in the end. Enchanting review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is a creative version of the story of Adam and Eve and their fall from grace. I love your easy to follow-review of this book.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

If you found this one interesting then you might enjoy the book HALO by Alexandra Adornetto. It seems similar in the love factor but different as each group has their own tasks and missions to accomplish. thanks for the share
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I have never heard of this series before but I've been looking for another series to pick up. Great review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The cliffhanger sounds reasonable, the story intriguing. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”