Official Review: Two of a Kind by Clare Cassy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Official Review: Two of a Kind by Clare Cassy

Post by kwahu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Two of a Kind" by Clare Cassy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Juanita, the protagonist in this novel, is a young girl from a quiet Spanish village, about thirty kilometres outside Seville called Hinojos. With only a year to go for her to be a fully-fledged fashion designer, Juanita Estevez's dream is to have a design studio in Seville where she would grow her career. While she is engaged to be married to her childhood friend, Alexi, Santi Alverez comes along and brings confusion to her heart. Alexi is into the security of a family business, whilst Santi is a professional photographer, who travels a lot around the world. On the night of her engagement party, she corners Alexi in the act with an English girl called Jade, and from then onwards, her relationship with Alexi gets sour.

When Santi offers an opportunity for her to work with designers in London, she promptly seizes it and flies to London with him. On the other hand, Alexi revengefully torches her father's restaurant and Juanita's father sustains fatal fire injuries as he tries to rescue some of his precious possessions. Two of a Kind by Clare Cassy is a romance novel that keeps the reader glued to the seat. The story only gets better and better.

Reading this novel is fun since the author enables the reader to travel with her to different cities, with the various settings for the story clearly described to make the reader feel part of the tales. The character development is superb, and the characters themselves are quite charming which keeps the reader yearning for more. The themes in the novel are faithfulness, family, and relationship.

I like how the author develops Juanita at first to paint a picture of faithfulness. She refuses all advances from Alexi till one day he calls her an ice maiden. This shows that she cannot have sex until she is married. Nevertheless, when she meets Santi, she doesn't seem to control herself and tries advances on him, but he turns her down since he doesn't want to commit himself to a woman.

What I didn't like about the novel is the mix-up in Santi's receptionist's name. The author introduces her as Isabel, and a while later, the name changes to Isobel and stays that way to the end. The character in one of the sentences is referred to as Santi when it's supposed to be Alexi. Moreover, there were several missing words that I came across, which can be fixed with proper editing. Therefore, I award the novel 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to all lovers of romance novels.

Two of a Kind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwahu's review? Post a comment saying so!
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a good romance with enough twists and turns to keep you turning the pages. I might just try this one :).
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I like romance novels and your review makes this one sound like a winner. I think I would be able to read through the errors without confusion, knowing now that names change in the book anyhow. It sounds like a little more editing would have made this book a 4 out of 4.
Mac :techie-reference:
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Great review. I am a huge lover of romance novels. I think I will give it a read.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

Seems like a cute romance book to help blow away the weekend. Rectification in the names mix-up would make it more beautiful.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The book seems to have everything. I like being able to travel with characters as they move through the story. Great review.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

A good character development is a thing that makes novel stand out. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Sounds like a great romance novel.I'm glad there are a lot of twist and turns to the story. Great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”