Official Review: Change in Plan by Dana Peters

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Official Review: Change in Plan by Dana Peters

Post by AmySmiles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Change in Plan" by Dana Peters.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Madison was on a mission, literally. That was her job, and she prided herself in always completing her duties. Being an assassin was not easy, but she was good at what she did. Her next target was taking her into the mountains of northern Canada. On what was supposed to be a brief stop the pilot tells her they can't fly out because of a snowstorm on the way. Stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere, Madison decides to make the best of it. One night in a room at the inn wasn't going to hurt anything, and maybe she could finally get some much-needed relaxation.

Once settled in Madison decides to seek out some food and heads to the local steakhouse. She spots Jack her pilot and his wife, and they wave her over to sit with them. Not wanting to appear rude she decides it would be nice to sit with someone she knows. Eventually Jack's brother, Jeremy, also joins them. They enjoy casual conversation as they eat and Jeremy finds himself very curious about Madison. Intrigued by this new girl Jeremy offers to walk her back to the inn. However, as they are walking, they hear screaming coming from somewhere. Running to find the problem they discover a dead body and the waitress from the steakhouse all bloody and shaken.

The way Madison handles the situation leaves Jeremy questioning just who she is. He is falling fast for her, but who is this strange, new girl that just dropped out of the sky? Can Madison trust Jeremy and is there more to him than what meets the eye? Not to mention who is the dead guy in the alley and what does this mean for Madison and the job she is set out to complete? Has Madison become a target herself?

A romantic suspense novel, Change In Plan by Dana Peters will have you falling in love with its characters and keep you guessing to the very end. There is so much involved with this book that I struggle in summarizing it. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but there was just so much going on, and for this novel, that was a good thing. I admit when I saw this book I was excited and immediately picked it because I had the opportunity to review another novel by Dana Peters titled One Week. I enjoyed it so much that I knew I would enjoy this one as well, and I wasn't disappointed. In fact, Change In Plan brings back a couple of characters but is not really a sequel to One Week. You don't have to read One Week to understand what is going on in Change In Plan, but I would recommend it because the connection is very interesting.

The author develops each character very well, and you feel like you become part of them as you are reading. You really want Madison and Jeremy to learn about each other and learn how to make things work, but so much stands in the way. I also love how Dana Peters keeps you wondering until the very end, careful not to give anything away too soon.

My only criticism is that the book really needs to go through a good round of editing. I found several grammatical errors mostly pertaining to wrong verb tense, missing words, and adding unnecessary words. If this were cleaned up, Dana Peters would have an excellent book that I could give a perfect 4-star rating. However, because of this, I have to rate Change In Plan 3 out of 4 stars. If you enjoy romance, mixed with a little mystery and suspense, then curling up with this book on a rainy afternoon is just what you need.

Change in Plan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AmySmiles's review? Post a comment saying so!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Before you said that this author had also written One Week, I was actually going to mention how similar I thought they were (I remember reading your review for that one). I hope she sorts out her editing because this is an author that has some really great books!
Great review, as always :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder

Post by AmySmiles »

Bianka Walter wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 03:09 Before you said that this author had also written One Week, I was actually going to mention how similar I thought they were (I remember reading your review for that one). I hope she sorts out her editing because this is an author that has some really great books!
Great review, as always :)
Thank you, Bianka. They really are great books other than the grammatical errors. I hope she finds a good editor and keeps writing.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I like this blend of genres, and I think I would enjoy this book. Thanks for the recommendation. Excellent review!
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Cecilia_L wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 12:31 I like this blend of genres, and I think I would enjoy this book. Thanks for the recommendation. Excellent review!
Thank you
–Author Unknown
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I will have to read both. Great review. It sounds very suspenseful and full of action and I like the thought of a female assassin.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I also enjoy the mix of romance, mystery, and suspense. I agree, this would be a great one to curl up with on a rainy day. A stormy day would be even better to get that slightly dark, scary feeling to go along with the mysterious murder.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Amy+++ wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 16:47 I will have to read both. Great review. It sounds very suspenseful and full of action and I like the thought of a female assassin.
Enjoy and thanks for commenting.
–Author Unknown
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

kfwilson6 wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 16:50 I also enjoy the mix of romance, mystery, and suspense. I agree, this would be a great one to curl up with on a rainy day. A stormy day would be even better to get that slightly dark, scary feeling to go along with the mysterious murder.
Yes, that would be perfect. Thanks for stopping by.
–Author Unknown
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

Sounds like my kind of romance novel, after a round of editing of course. Thank you for your review!
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

daydreaming reader wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 19:04 Sounds like my kind of romance novel, after a round of editing of course. Thank you for your review!
Thank you!
–Author Unknown
Emi_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emi-review.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Emi_Review »

Sounds like a lovely blend of romance and mystery. Your review has definitely made me want to read this book! There seems to be so many interesting elements going on in this book that I wouldn't be able to put it down. I'm glad you enjoyed the read, thank you for the insightful review.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Emi_Review wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 18:18 Sounds like a lovely blend of romance and mystery. Your review has definitely made me want to read this book! There seems to be so many interesting elements going on in this book that I wouldn't be able to put it down. I'm glad you enjoyed the read, thank you for the insightful review.
Thank you
–Author Unknown
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

This seems to be a gripping novel. Judging from your review, the author has achieved the right mix of romance and suspense. Thanks for the review!
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 03:10 This seems to be a gripping novel. Judging from your review, the author has achieved the right mix of romance and suspense. Thanks for the review!
Thank you
–Author Unknown

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”