Official Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
katiekat274
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Official Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly

Post by katiekat274 »

This review definitely got me interested in reading the book. As a young adult in the world of dating, it's hard enough to find a good life partner even when you have options. The idea of not having a choice is horrible, and does well to set up the premise of the show.

I liked the detail about the out of place slang - I wonder if that was intentional on the part of the author?

Definitely sounds like a good read. Thanks for the detailed review.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! It's interesting how this book delves into the male characters' perspectives. I wonder what new information will be revealed now that both sides of the story are told. I couldn't imagine being forced to marry someone when I turned 21. Your point about slang issue was relatable; I know I would have been thrown by the phrase "throng crunk" as well. I wonder what caused WWIII in this book.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

Wow. The premise of this book seems very interesting. Do you believe the women's point of view or the men's point of view should be read first? Since I got a copy of this book I would probably start with this one. Although there are some errors it sounds like this is a great read that i will definitely have to check out. Thanks for the review.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I agree with you about the usage of the word "crunk". I looked up what it meant and it just didn't seem to flow in that sentence. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the great review!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

It is interesting that the series has a book from the men's point of view and a book from the women's point of view. The reality show called the "Temptation Trials" reminds me a little of the Hunger Games, though it has a different twist. What will Tobias and Kincade decide to do about fighting for Stefani and Cali or going along with the Regime?
Last edited by LV2R on 07 Dec 2018, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

I read the overview on amazon but your review has made we want to read this even more. Thanks for this great review. I will be reading this , I hope
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

I'm excited to read this book, but this review brings up an unfortunate point, that the editing could have been a lot better. Darn. Well, it'll still be in my queue for reading. I guess I have been warned.
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

A dystopian story always awakens my interest. I look forward to reading more about the adventures of the characters. Congrats on BOTD.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Wow, as I was reading the blurb, I was thinking, "Oh no, not another dystopian about a reality show..." Because haven't we seen this enough? After finding out about the premise though, I think the concept behind the story is actually quite intriguing. Ultimately I doubt this book would be for me, but that's only because of the strong romance element. It's not really my genre, but I do applaud the author for coming up with such a cool twist on a familiar idea.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

A dystopian romance in which two young men have to fight for their true love on reality TV or settle for arranged marriages as sanctioned by the ruling regime. Worth the read to find out if they succeed or not. Great #BOTD
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

This sounds really interesting. I’m always wondering which way people will go when it involves what they have to do versus what they want to do. I’m a stickler to reading in sequence so I’ll definitely put his knmny list as well as reading the others ones first.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

This definitely falls in to my favorite genre. Not just a romance, but romance that have to be fought for. I love stories with forbidden loves. To me this is one of those, if tobias and cadet were to marry from arrangements and they found their own loves. I am interested to read what they finally decided and how they went about living with that choice. Definitely a possible read for me. Congratulations on BOTD.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

I have never read a dystopian before, but this review proof to me that it is a nice genre to get myself into. Shortly after world war III, the world is being ruled by a dictator. He denied the public the social way of life sitting security and safety reason. To replace the problem people were forced to get into marriage once they reach 21 years. This for sure is a world that won't like to live in.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Oh, hail the king! Oh, hail his eminence! Do we bow down to his demands of getting married to the emperor's choice? I doubt whether this is a good move.

Thanks for highlighting this in your review. I also hope that the author has already corrected the editing issues highlighted in your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book seems to hold an interesting plot. I would like to know how Tobias and Cade survived the dictatorship. Nice review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”