Official Review: Tales of Gold by TL Marmon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Tales of Gold by TL Marmon

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales of Gold" by TL Marmon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales of Gold is an exciting and suspenseful romance and adventure novel written by TL Marmon.

EV Gold is an overindulged and hedonistic adulteress living a luxurious but superficial lifestyle. She lives with her indifferent husband, Dr. A, who seems not to mind the constant presence of her obsessed lover, Benny.

Restless and sexually unsatiated on top of losing her domestic servant and handmaid earlier in the day, EV makes a covert trip to a private club where she comes across the handsome and mysterious Rex who gives her a euphoric high she never experienced before. Unknowingly, EV gets herself entangled in a web of excitement, uncertainty, and peril, and pulled into a life totally different from her own. The journey leads her to introspection that gives her a new and life-changing perspective.

Told in the third person point of view, this is a suspenseful, exciting, and romantic thriller that keeps the readers glued to the page. The book begins at a steady pace that picks up and never slows down making the book a real page-turner. It is easy to read and is written in casual and conversational tone tinge with sarcasm.

The author successfully brings up real life issues including vanity, hedonism, obsession, indifference, and addiction among others. The characters are well-developed and are perfect representations of different types of people in our society. EV is an overindulged, luxurious, vain, and hedonistic woman; Benny is, apparently, a masochist who is obsessed with another man’s wife; Dr. A is an indifferent husband who seems to be too spineless to do something about his life; and Rex is an expendable tool and a former junkie who lives one day at a time. The author supplies just the right amount of back stories for each of the major characters to make them relatable. Even the most minor characters like Spider, Blackie, Karen, and Amber, are given back stories, which for me is a very good thing. Though the ending feels, somehow, anticlimactic compared to the suspenseful events that take place in the story, I find it fitting.

What I like most is the seemingly simple and uncomplicated premise of the book that the author turns into a meaningful and life-changing journey. What makes it exciting is the never-ending twists and turns of events that, for me, lead to the most important part of the story, finding one’s purpose in life.

Admittedly, I enjoyed this book more than I expected I would. However, other readers may find the sex scenes, though not too detailed, too many for their liking. Moreover, there are several noticeable errors within the entire book like they would like for the Dr come in to the police station and whatever it was the Rex was sending her way.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is entertaining, exciting, and suspenseful. I recommend it to fans of suspense and thriller novels. Sex scenes and references to drug addiction and other vices, however, may not be suitable for young readers.

Tales of Gold
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Thanks for the great review. The book is offering alot.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

topdan30 wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 09:59 Thanks for the great review. The book is offering alot.
You're welcome. It's quite an enjoyable book.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

love the use of real life issues like vanity and addiction. This story sounds worth a read
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Oulababe wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 06:08 love the use of real life issues like vanity and addiction. This story sounds worth a read
It sure is.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

kimmyschemy06 wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 01:58
Oulababe wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 06:08 love the use of real life issues like vanity and addiction. This story sounds worth a read
It sure is.
I might just find a chance to read it then.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Based on the title, I was surprised to hear that the story has a focus on life changes.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”