Official Review: Lilly Of The Mountains by D. L. Yoder

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Re: Official Review: Lilly Of The Mountains by D. L. Yoder

Post by Cecilia_L »

topdan30 wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 18:49 I love a book with well crafted and developed character, Thanks for the detailed review. Enjoyed it without spoilers.
Thank you. I appreciate your comment. :tiphat:
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Oulababe wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 06:15 I love that the characters are well developed. I also sympathize with Lilly for being in such an abusive relationship that continues to haunt her even after the death of her husband
Thanks for your comment.
Ursula60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ursula60 »

The book, Lilly of the Mountains was written by D.L. Yoder, Lilly's bravery is an encouragement to other women who may come in line with a similar situation
Taytay15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taytay15.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Taytay15 »

I liked this review. Not my usual genre, but based on this review the book seems very intriguing. I think I could jump genres for this story.
Oluchisophia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oluchisophia »

I love this book it is well crafted, its indeed a tradedy story. Its touches my heart.
Kremena Boyanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kremena-boyanova.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Kremena Boyanova »

It seems a great book! The plot is intriguing and if the characters are well developed, definitely it will be a good read. Stories about people, experiencing loses in their lives, but always struggling to survive, give me hope and strength.
Darlynn_Tebogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlynn-tebogo.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Darlynn_Tebogo »

What a great review! This book is right up my alley and sounds like a hard read to put down. I am a sucker for well developed story lines. It would also make for a great Audio book.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

What I love about this book is the act of forgiveness and trust portrayed by Lilly despite her awful experience. These two themes made her found happiness in herself. I highly recommend this book. Cecilia, I think the book worth 4 out of 4 boxes. great review!
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

this book spells out important topics and this review has highlighted them, the truth is the topic of abuse and all are indeed real which makes the book relatable but in reality, forgiveness from the abused party is less likely and this in most cases creates more pain. i am just glad that the author was able to build a strong character that rises from the ashes. in all honesty letting go and forgiving can be a little tough but once done then growth and self-appreciation can set in. thanks for the review.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

kdstrack wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 19:07 This book seems to present some strong themes: arranged marriages, abusive husbands, widowed and alone, etc. I was happy to see this book got a 4 out of 4. This one looks like a winner. Thanks for the excellent review!
I totally agree with you. The themes and the fact that it also emphasised on forgiveness and trust made it to have a captivating content.
Sunnyalegwu4711

Post by Sunnyalegwu4711 »

The Author, indeed, developed a great character in Lilly Perkins and I cannot agree more or less with Cecilia in this review as she sum my thought in the following:
"What I most enjoyed about this book were the consistent themes of forgiveness and trust. Lilly was challenged by both, which was understandable considering what she had experienced in life, but her struggles also made her more relatable. It was when she stepped out of her comfort zone and reached out to help others, that she started healing both emotionally and spiritually, which I also found to be true to life."
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

Poor Lilly! Is it awful to admit I was relieved for her when I read Levi was no longer around? Then immediate heartbreak sets in as soon as I learn how her life falls further apart. This sounds like a wonderful read. Thanks for the great review!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
kamel2500

Post by kamel2500 »

I have really take a great knowlodge by reading this books , thanks for sharing such valuable informations
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I do enjoy Historical fiction, romance and some Christian fiction books and this one sounds interesting. I am somewhat curious as to what the important and inconsistent detail about Marcel's character might be. I am not sure how the unresolved details would affect my enjoyment of the story. Thanks for the good review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like the part of the plot where there is some suspense and mystery, but I am not into Christian novels nor into romance novels so this book is not for me.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”