Official Review: More Heavens Than One by Jennie Linnane

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Re: Official Review: More Heavens Than One by Jennie Linnane

Post by Nisha Ward »

This sounds like the kind of coming of age books that were popular at my high school when I attended and for good reason. It sounds interesting yet warm and inviting, while not seeming, at least from your review, to shy away from integrating key issues into the story itself. I do have to ask though. If you were to recommend this to a particular age group, what group would that be? If I ever get the chance, I'd like to recommend it to my old librarian for her girls.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like how this romance story is not graphic. It will also be interesting reading about Jancy's family as they move from the city to that of a rural setting in Australia, including the wildlife the new challenges they face. Nice review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: More Heavens Than One by Jennie Linnane' the prominent points of the book have been stated. The reviewer's experience of reading the book is worth knowing. The author's merit reflects through the words of the review.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I'm not a romance genre fan, but this book sounds like it actually contains romance, as opposed to the graphic sexual content that has become the norm. Jancy is at that difficult age where she is learning a lot about the world and herself, and it's nice that the reader gets to "watch" her grow older. Family dynamics and personal growth are the themes here, along with what sounds like forbidden love. Great review!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Coming-of-age emotions and family values are a few of the topics I associate with this author's writing. Her unique word choices is another aspect I find myself drawn to. Thanks for the poignant review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm not really looking for romance fiction right now, but this book seems more focused on coming-of-age elements and I like that Jancy is so different from the rest of her family. It might be worth the read for me for those reasons, but it'll have to be added to my ever-growing "to read" list. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

This novel sounds like having a story of natural life in villages. The sample was intriguing. The story is set in an Australian village. Life in an extended family surrounded by pets and other animals is the main theme here. The novel portrays about the strong emotional bond in traditional large families. The story shows how children are loved and protected in such famillies. Nice the book is edited properly, and it has an appealing writing style.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The theme of the plot is much captivating. I consider it a wonderful skill of the author in romance stories to explain all scenes without being too graphic. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The author weaves a romantic tale that narrates the life of a woman who can't have the man she wants. Family dynamics also shape her perspective as she questions the strict morals instilled in her.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I would love to know more about the forbidden affection and how that played out. From the review, the book seems well put-together. I like that that the author has impeccable writing and wasn't graphic about romantic scenes. Congratulations to the author for winning BOTD.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Love story is not my cup of tea. Since the reviewer gave it a 4 out of 4 stars, the book might be good. But i'll read an adventure story rather than a love story. Anyway, congrats on BOTD.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Since I've also read and enjoyed Ironbark Hill, I'd love to try this romance novel featuring the coming-of-age of an interesting protagonist. I'm more than curious to follow Jancy's story and see if she adjusts to life at her grandparents' farm and what kind of forbidden love she lives. Thanks for a wonderful review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I am not into romance novels. Review mentions something like a prohibited or of limits affection. This too doesn't appeal to me. Congrats on BOTD.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read the review of the book More Heavens Than One by Jennie Linnane. It is a story in which the love of a woman for a man is described who wants to take an out of limit life in love with him but he is not deserving.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

A romance novel, written in an impeccable manner, without explicit illustrations seems a wonderful read. This story portrays different aspects of human emotions taking place in the farmlands of Australia which interests me. Thanks for such a concise review!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”