Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Re: Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Post by Book Lover 35 »

She sounds like a strong woman. I would be interested in finding out more about her story. Thanks for the review!
:tiphat:
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

Totally caught up at the beginning of the review. This is definitely going on my list. I feel for Aimee and know of many that are similar where molestation and abuse have happened. It’s sad that her mother didn’t believe her and protected the abusing husband. I want to know what happenes to Aimee and her sister.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

This is a great story i believe about finding love in the hardships of life. It is also about finding God. It is about redemption in the darkness.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

Thanks for the review, which makes the book an interesting read. Especially when it touches on how families hide the truth, to the disadvantage of their kids. Will read it.
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

From what I have read of "Love is the answer, God is the cure" it sounds like a book I would like. She went through a lot yet found hope in God. The review helped me want to read more of it.
Stephh2112
Favorite Book: I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter
Currently Reading: Doctor Strange
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Stephh2112 »

After reading the preview, i felt a little disheartened by the love interest during the trip in the beginning already. It felt forced but it might be due to the contrast in what I'm used to reading. I had no idea about the author or their past before looking deeper into the book and the available reviews! As an abuse an trauma survivor I'm excited to read the book in its entirety. I never see religious or self help books dive into the real world struggles women face so i feel like i wont mind the religious inserts and careless about the romantic parts. I'm genuinely more interested in her strength and rise from trauma.
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

The title repulsed me. Though the review reveals that this book might be less about praising religion than it first seemed, I still have absolutely no desire to read this book. It sounds horrifying and emotionally manipulative.
Anna Maria 86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-maria-86.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Anna Maria 86 »

That's a very good review! I can tell from your style that you really liked the book. I like how you started the review. Also, thanks for sharing that you actually researched the story further after finishing the book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure by Aimee Cabo Nicolov' is a sincere presentation of the contents of the book. This will help the book reach the readers of all kinds, specially the ones seriously involved in helping others!
Kaitlyn finley
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-finley.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Kaitlyn finley »

I truly admire the faith shown just in the preview of this story. Such an admiring, beautiful book that so many people would enjoy. I will definitely be looking into reading the rest! Great!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

What a painful story but a strong, strong woman. I love that she's using her voice to speak hope! This story is too hard for me to consider reading, though I love the author's bravery in sharing. <3
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Aimee Cabo Nikolov's Love is the Answer, God is the Cure is an #Inspirational #Memoir that unfolds the author's (dark past) experiences including #ChildAbuse and #SurvivalStory.

I am torn between reading and bypass reading this book. Thanks for the review.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I am constantly amazed at how strong women are. Michelle and Aimee are two examples of strong women. It takes a lot of courage to take legal actions and share their story to the world. I wish the best for them.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Ghost_friend
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ghost_friend »

:D Just the title caught my attention I was intrigued.I also agree that God has the cure for many struggles we go through and that hanging on to his promises will get you through most problems.
Love is the Answer God is the Cure, an intimate memoir about overcoming very difficult circumstances through faith.
It’s a story about how Aimee and her sister were victims of sexual abuse, even making headlines for five years deemed as “The case from hell”. The case pitted Aimee and her sister against her parents who denied any knowledge of the abuse going on.
As a writer she opens the mind of the reader to follow her through her personal experiences the highs and the lows of her story.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds like a very emotional read and a very necessary one to expose the horrors of child molestation and the trying legal process of getting out of such a bad situation. I don't know if I can stomach a story like this but I won't write it off immediately, either. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”