Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Re: Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Post by Emy Katherine »

An inspirational book that highlights the importance of true love and the power of faith. I am sure this memoir is worth the read but includes sensitive topics for me, so I will pass. Thank you for the review!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Fascinating thought unfortunate. It takes courage to write one's life story, especially about the dark phases, for this I admire the author's spirit and sibling bond. Worth reading it!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

Though this sample was shorter than expected, only the first chapter, it engaged me right away. The author went through some terrible things as a child yet that first chapter is very positive. I really wanted to know what happened with her brief romance! If this book was available to review, I would definitely be interested in reading the full story. However, because of the religious themes I might not read it for pleasure.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Ursadsong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ursadsong.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ursadsong »

I love reading non fiction books! The courage Aimee had is what every single person with sexual abuse should have. Thank you for your review you made want to read the book so bad!
a9436
Currently Reading: The Redbreast
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by a9436 »

Thanks for your review. Aimee sounds so strong, and the book sounds incredible if a little too close to home for me. No young child should have to face sexual assualt, ever!
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I loved your review and I am already intrigued by this book. Memoirs like Aimee's touches my heart. It's a story that disturbs you and yet strengthens you. More power to women like Aimee.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

This sounds like a great book; I usually get very involved in stories like this where the characters have had to endure unbearable hardships, and like you, I can get a little obsessed! Thanks for your comments - this would definitely be a good book for me.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Aimee’s story captivated me from page one. To be perfectly honest, I became somewhat obsessed with this story for days. This family was prominently featured in local Miami, and at times, national news for almost thirty years. Not only did I read this book, I read as many news articles that I could find about Aimee and her family. I truly admire Aimee’s strength and bravery. She has endured unimaginable pain and devastation but maintains a strong sense of faith and optimism. This is an engaging story and a thrilling read.

And your review captivated me! I looked up a bit about the case and I'm so glad the author has overcome all her hardships and is now able to share her story.
I always appreciate when survivors have the courage to share their stories, it might just inspire people going through the same to fight. And if it's with a good book, all the better.
Thanks for a very compelling review.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I certainly admire Aimee's strength. I am glad she was able to pull through such a difficult time in her life. This promises to be a page-turner and certainly deserves the perfect rating from the reviewer. congrats to the author for winning BOTD.
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

Very good review! Catchy from the very first sentence - I loved how you started it. And kep catchy until the last sentence. I honestly thought the book would be about religion. Well, they say, never judge the book from it's cover =) I'm adding this one to my want to read list.
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

While it’s important to read about a victim’s recovery, I have a hard time with reading about child molestation. I can only take it in small doses, so this one is probably going to have to wait. It sounds, though, like a touching story where faith brings healing to a woman who endured so much. Nice review! I am glad to have more insight to this story.
Everything happens for a reason...
Hamsini
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hamsini »

The review was just point on. Aimee's search for love resonates with readers in the right way possible. Just reading the review made me restless to know the whole story. I can't wait to read the whole story.
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

I really enjoyed your review, thank you. I admit that the title didn't lure me in, but the story most definitely has. Especially as it's a true story. There are such terrible events going on every day, the writers who tell their own story about these tragic events are not only brave, but also help to make the public aware. I will be reading this book!
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Oh, Aimee story is highly tragic and touchy. I am amazed at her mother's behavior. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

A story of rape and abuse troubles my emotional state. That could be a good thing if the book is done properly. This story of Aimee, a girl who is abused by her father, seems like a book I would like. I am happy that Aimee ends up loved.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”