Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Post by Marissa Michael »

The review is good enough to bring to my attention about this memoir. I would love to read more about Aimee's strength and bravery.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

This sounds like a difficult story to read because of the sexual abuse, so I'll have to skip this one. Sorry.
:character-ariel:
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

Thank you for your wonderful review! The title of this book turned me off as I don't read anything that seems to be laced with religion or religious references. After reading your review the plights that the author and her family went through sound like a story to be shared. I'm considering giving it a read, could you please tell me how much religion is referenced in the book?
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is a very vivid retelling of what the Author went through. Further, it shows the bonds between sisters and the strength that love has. Thank you for sharing your story. Well Done.
gloriabanman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloriabanman.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by gloriabanman »

This review has me intrigued. There is nothing more tragic than a young girl being raped by her mother's husband and then not having her mother's protection against this same man. And yet, to have a beautiful and close relationship with her sister and being able to fight for better together is wonderful.

Though a hard read because of the violence towards a young child, this book is described by the review as a book worthy to be read. It has a good ending as the title seems to show. Love is the Answer, God is the Cure
pixiestyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiestyx.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by pixiestyx »

I don't normally read non-fiction, but this sounds like a dark and depressing (at times) read that ultimately has a happier ending. I can't recall ever hearing about this in the news, but the fact that it was such a big story...I can't even imagine what the author went through and how she survived it all. Her strength and courage are admirable and inspiring. Thanks for your review!
CanadianReads
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles, Book #1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CanadianReads »

From its beginning pages this novel anout how sisters like Michelle, Nicole and Aimee stick together through tough times. The beginning introduction of how Aimee meets Dr Boris but does not succumb to lust in search of true love is rare today.
Aimee’s strong faith in God shows how anything is possible with faith. Great heart wrenching story of parental abuse which I think happens today and is swept under the rug.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

What a sad and devastating life Ms. Nikolov must have lived before meeting her now husband, Boris. To be molested at seven, then regularly raped her as preteen? It's good that she had her sister, Michelle, to help her emotionally and legally. I can definitely see how this story would be captivating. Reading the news articles must have so eye-opening. I feel so bad for Aimee, but it's amazing to hear that she maintained her faith and optimism. Good to hear that the book is well-organized with minimal errors. This might be a bit too intense for me, but I'm glad that you were captivated from the beginning. I thank the author for sharing her story and thank you for sharing your review.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Wow! I definitely didn't expect today's BOTD to be a memoir of this nature. The author deserves to have her story read, in my opinion. The courage and strength it took to tell this story is admirable. Thank you so much for sharing your review!
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Captivating non fiction book expressing the importance of true love and the power of faith. The book the written and organised. It follows a sad story of a young girl being sexually harassed by his step father. Her mother protected his husband which make the two sisters look for other alternatives for help.
lebaema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by lebaema »

Quite interesting though .Can never Imagine what life could offer us sometimes without our knowing yet people can still hope for the best after the ugly has been revealed.
It's like you watching a movie while reading,thanks.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

A truly inspirational and sad story in one. This will bring you to tears I'm sure from the review
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

The ordeal both sisters, especially Aimee, have to go through is devastating and heartbreaking. I can see that this book borders heavily on the lawsuit and abuse - dark themes I usually avoid. However, I would like to know how Aimee survived and overcome the trauma. Not really into memoirs too. Thanks for the review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Post by holsam_87 »

I really don't want to read about the rape and molestation of a minor. As important as it is to highlight things like this, I just don't want to read something with this focus.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

This sounds like a great book. I read the sample and ended up buying the book just because I wanted to know what happened with Dr. Boris Nikolov. Now your review makes me want to search the web for some news articles as you stated. thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”