Official Review: One Week by Dana Peters

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Official Review: One Week by Dana Peters

Post by AmySmiles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One Week" by Dana Peters.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Amy went to work that day, just like any other typical day. That’s what she liked about her life. No drama, easy routine, and quiet. What more could a girl ask for? Working her front desk job at the inn, Amy had no idea that the customer she just checked in would change her life and flip her world upside down.

Rick just wanted to get to his room unnoticed. He needed to appear just like any other guest of the inn. He had a job to do, this was not a vacation for him, and he wanted everything to go smoothly. This was his job, he was good at it, and he would accomplish what he was hired to do, but why couldn’t he get the front desk clerk out of his head?

One Week by Dana Peters is a romantic drama, filled with mystery and suspense. Rick is not the usual corporate guest that Amy first believes him to be. Amy is not the ordinary front desk clerk at the inn that Rick believes her to be. Rick, a hired assassin, is there for one purpose only, his next assignment. Amy knows more about his line of work than what Rick would guess. In fact, their paths have crossed before, but neither one quite remembers how.

While this book is not the kind that will lead you on an action-packed adventure, it will keep you guessing until the very end. Rick and Amy fall into a sweet romance together, and I found myself praying that everything would work out for them in the end. Rick leads the kind of life that doesn’t make it easy to be tied down though, and Amy likes the single, comfortable life she has. The odds were against them.

I chose to read this because when I read the description, I thought it sounded more like a psychological thriller. While that wasn’t the case, I wasn’t totally disappointed. I jumped into it ready for a change of pace, and it was exactly what I needed, a light romance with mystery and a touch of suspense. The author does a great job telling the story so that it flows well. It held my interest through the whole book, and I didn’t once find myself bored.

I really enjoyed this book and wanted to give it a 4-star rating. Unfortunately, the lack of editing, mostly dealing with missing words and some spelling errors keep me from being able to give it the highest rating. Therefore, I am rating this book 3 out of 4 stars. If you enjoy romance, mixed in with some mystery, creating a light and enjoyable read, this should be the next book you pick up. One Week would appeal to young adults, teens, and even older adult romance lovers.

One Week
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AmySmiles's review? Post a comment saying so!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Ooooh, a bit of romance shrowded by intrigue. I'm in. You know the characters are well built when you find yourself routing for them :)
Great review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder

Post by AmySmiles »

Bianka Walter wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 09:56 Ooooh, a bit of romance shrowded by intrigue. I'm in. You know the characters are well built when you find yourself routing for them :)
Great review!
Thanks, enjoy the read and thanks for the comment.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This sounds like a romance that I would enjoy reading. I hope everything works out well for Amy and Rick. Thank you for an insightful review.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Sounds like the kind of read I need right now, light and enjoyable. I will add it to my To-Read list. Thanks for the lovely review!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

It sounds like both Amy and Rick have secrets in their pasts, and I'm already intrigued. Wonderful review! Adding it to my reading list.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I like your review. The book sounds like something you could read on a rainy day and just get lost in. I will add this to my list. Thank you for the review. It sounded very suspenseful. I can't wait to read it.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

A light romance with mystery and a touch of suspense? Count me in! Despite the errors, I'm sure this book is a marvelous read based on your review. I can't wait to start reading this book.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

I love your intro to this review! Starting with the parts of the story that draw you in instead of starting with the book's title is an amazing touch. I would have been disappointed if I was expecting a psychological thriller, but it sounds like the author made it up to you.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Thank you so much for your review! Your presentation of the plot was amazing and you made me want to read the book so much! I love romantic novels, but if they have some mystery in them, it's like a cherry on top of a cake! I can't wait to read to.
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Thank you so much for your review! Your presentation of the plot was amazing and you made me want to read the book so much! I love romantic novels, but if they have some mystery in them, it's like a cherry on top of a cake! I can't wait to read to.
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

I don't enjoy romance novels but your review makes this one sound interesting. It's great you are rooting for Amy and Rick as well. It sounds like they are well developed.
“Live, and be happy, and make others so.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Just what I need right now. I'm definitely adding this to my want to read shelves. Thank you for the great review!
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

AmySmiles wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 12:47 Amy went to work that day, just like any other typical day. That’s what she liked about her life. No drama, easy routine, and quiet. What more could a girl ask for? Working her front desk job at the inn, Amy had no idea that the customer she just checked in would change her life and flip her world upside down.
I have to say, the opening paragraph of your review really hooked me. This book might be a nice change of pace for me. A fun mystery/romance. I love the premise that they Amy and Rick think they might remember each other but aren't sure how. I might tolerate the spelling errors to find out what happens! Thanks for the beautiful review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

crediblereading2 wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 10:23 This sounds like a romance that I would enjoy reading. I hope everything works out well for Amy and Rick. Thank you for an insightful review.
Thanks for commenting!
–Author Unknown

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”