Official Review: Dangerous Desires by J.L. Baden

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Dangerous Desires by J.L. Baden

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dangerous Desires" by J.L. Baden.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dangerous Desires is a romance novel by J. L Baden. Three of South America’s greatest mob bosses wanted to split their family legacies. Hannah McMillian was the lead counsel on the case. She charmed the mob bosses with her work and personality. Antonio Perez, one of the mob bosses became overprotective of Hannah. He assigned his son to be her personal bodyguard but never to come in contact or get involved with her. Antonio’s son, Pierce was having issues in his marriage with his wife, Krista. He has to protect his daughter Annalease and provide a good home and future for her. With time, Pierce began craving deeply for Hannah because she was the kind of woman he could share his deepest secret with. While shadowing Hannah, Pierce got to protect and save her with his identity still unknown to her.

Many years passed and many things had happened. Pierce lost his father and wife, and had a one night stand with Hannah, who is now into criminal journalism. He turned his father’s drug and gun trafficking empire into a profitable antique and gemstone forgery business. Surprisingly, he got arrested and jailed for a crime he knew nothing about.

In his attempt to prove his innocence and provide his daughter with a mother, he involved Hannah in his prison break. Their journey began together not just as kidnapper and hostage, but as husband and wife. Their feelings and sexual chemistry were unexplainable as they have a strong desire for each other. Hannah getting involved with Pierce is a dangerous one that can hurt her emotionally and even physically. It is indeed a dangerous desire.

This book is not just about romance, it also contains revenge, betrayal, jealousy, deception, and lot more. All these were carefully introduced into this book and it brought out its uniqueness and beauty. The book is just 251 pages and 31 chapters including prologue and epilogue.

Dangerous Desires provides readers with not just characters but interesting ones that every reader can connect to easily. The characters in this book have a lot of details and information to make readers relate to them. I really enjoyed the character of Pierce. He is a strong and very emotional kind of person. I love the way he uses the sexual chemistry between him and Hannah as a tool to make her agree to almost anything he wants. It is not the best way to handle situations, but a good one to read about.

The title of the book was what attracted me to it. I was not disappointed with this book as the details in it did justice to the title. There were so many aspects of this book that I like. The author’s use of descriptive words was excellent. He creatively developed the scene, environment and events in a way that got me absorbed. The storyline was an interesting one to read. The various characters and their role in the book made it enjoyable. I also loved the introduction of a foreign language which allows me to understand that some characters in the book were not English speakers.

There were so many things in this book that I did not like. The details of the prison break made it easy and unreal. The author should have taken his time to plan and develop the details of the prison break. The book was also not professionally edited, with so many errors, and missing punctuation. There is a need for further editing.

I rate Dangerous Desires 3 out of 4 stars. A star was deducted because of the above reasons. The book is enjoyable and interesting. I recommend this book to lovers of romance with much drama. This book contains many sexual scenes, thus not meant for children or young adult.

Dangerous Desires
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The title of this book also drew me to it and to your review. It sounds very interesting and I can't wait to read it as I have never read a book about monsters or drug dealers before. I will add it to my list of books to read. Thank you for the honest review.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

Amy+++ wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 05:05 The title of this book also drew me to it and to your review. It sounds very interesting and I can't wait to read it as I have never read a book about monsters or drug dealers before. I will add it to my list of books to read. Thank you for the honest review.
Happy you enjoyed the review. Its a sure book to have a go at. With romance and crime.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Already on the edge of my seat. :D
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Dangerous Desires provides readers with not just characters but interesting ones that every reader can connect to easily. The characters in this book have a lot of details and information to make readers relate to them. I really enjoyed the character of Pierce. He is a strong and very emotional kind of person. I love the way he uses the sexual chemistry between him and Hannah as a tool to make her agree to almost anything he wants. It is not the best way to handle situations, but a good one to read about.
Based on this description of Pierce, I don't think I would connect with his character, but I appreciate your candid review.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

The errors mentioned threw me off. I had to endure reading through a book with errors on every page, I don't plan on going through that torture anytime soon. Thanks for your honest review!
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

"...it also contains revenge, betrayal, jealousy, deception, and lot more." Sounds like a romance novel with a lot more to offer!
Thanks for a great review!
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

The title and the book cover, they match each other. This is an amazing book, thanks for introducing it to me, I am definitely reading it.

Well detailed review too...
Jeremy Rudolf 254
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeremy Rudolf 254 »

The book tittle draws the readers attention and is complimented by the cover page. I am looking forward to reading it and i would recommend this book to lovers of drama and romance.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

The name drew me towards it. But I don't like the storyline. But the name matches with the plot very well.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

Like you said, the title does justice to the book. Great review!
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

The title makes it sound like a great novel to read. I'm sure it is. But I think this time I will pass this one. The plot line doesn't sound like one I want to read in a romance novel.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Romance books are my favourite. I would love to read this book.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for this well thought out and detailed review. I appreciate how you mention there is so much more to the story than just romance including betrayal. I'm also happy you mention the unrealistic parts about the jail break because even while reading the review I was thinking how difficult that would be to achieve.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

Cecilia_L wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 22:35
Based on this description of Pierce, I don't think I would connect with his character, but I appreciate your candid review.
Thanks for reading and commenting

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”