Official Review: The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly,...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly,...

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly, Love" by Oren L. Harris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Relationship counselor, Oren L. Harris presents the ELLER (Experiencing Long-Lasting and Enjoyable Relationships) model in his book, The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly. The model is a comprehensive approach to counseling based on the comprehension of love and empowerment. It explores the nine-part system of every human being in detail.

The nine parts are listed as the mind, emotions, will, spirit, (the emotional) heart, mouth, brain, body and skin. To increase the chances of finding love perfectly, one has to understand how these parts interrelate. Apart from the nine-part human system theory, the model encompasses other four components, namely, the 90/10 matrix, 80/20 model, relationship degradation curve and types of model-based love.

What is love after all? Many theologians, philosophers and laymen alike have mused over this question since the beginning of time. According to the US Census Bureau as quoted in The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly, over one hundred million Americans are looking for “the one” with whom they will spend the rest of their lives with. Those are staggering statistics that go to show the importance of the topic discussed in the book. As I read the book, I couldn’t help but ponder on the same question myself and gain insight from the message that is advanced by the author.

I also liked that Oren L. Harris addressed the questions that are frequently asked when the model is used. Questions featured include how a spouse can help their partner open up or whether the model is more effective than the dating apps that are currently available or online dating services. In-depth answers are also provided in each case. For the first question, the author explains that the encouragement to open up can be achieved by asking open-ended and non-invasive questions. For the second question, Harris explains that the model helps in determining the damage that has been experienced by the person and it also helps in ascertaining whether their spirit is activated which is absent in the apps and online services.

Another interesting aspect of the book is that it contains accounts that can be used to understand the topics included. One account features, Kelly, a lady who has had little success in her past relationships. She wonders whether her past partners ever treasured her or whether they had only one goal in mind. This and other stories add a fascinating strand to the book.

The one thing I did not like about the book was its structure. Despite the addition of the accounts, their effectiveness was minimized as they were attached as appendices. It would have been easier to connect with the characters’ stories if they had been interwoven with the main text. Putting everything into account, I rate The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly 3 out of 4 stars.

The ELLER model, Finding Love Perfectly, Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

It's hard for me to gather if you enjoyed this book or not. I realize you rated it 3 out of 4 so you mus have to some extent. I would like to know more of your own thoughts and who would you recommend this book too? Is it just for people wanting to find that perfect someone, or would people who are already in a relationship gain anything from reading this? Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
tilly4588
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by tilly4588 »

I would recommend this book to people wanting to find that perfect Someone and those who really want their relationship to work out well.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I had no idea what ELLER stood for, so thanks for explaining that. With the amount of dissatisfaction in relationships these days, it seems like this is a book we could all use. It's too bad that it was a bit disorganized, but I think it's still worth a look. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for your review. I think to write about love as portrayed in this book is difficult as there is no easy answer. Everybody has their own ideas, but I think this book will be able to help some.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

To me it comes off as a how to book rather than a romance.
LASERRR__371
Favorite Author: penelope douglas
Favorite Book: Rival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laserrr-371.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 8014

Post by LASERRR__371 »

Can this book help someone who is already in a relationship and wants it to last really long, easily without much heart ache?
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I like the acronym. I'm curious if the principles taught apply to relationships other than romantic.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

You said, "The nine parts are listed as the mind, emotions, will, spirit, (the emotional) heart, mouth, brain, body and skin."

As a person who met "The One" 30+ years ago, I would say this seems very much on track. I never really thought about it that way. I think to keep a relationship, we need to help one another pay attention to each of these things. If we are aware of our own 9 parts, then perhaps it is easier to help our spouses to take care of theirs.
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Even though I am a really romantic person, I tend to like reading romance explained through science. I guess because finding an algorithm for our soulmates would be something amazing and it would give you hope that you actually are able to find him/her. I really want to read this theory, thank you for your review.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

This looks like a how-to book. It's for those trying to land a soul mate. Thanks for the review, this isn't my type of book. I love the cover though.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I'd love to read a book that delves into the world of modeling with a romance story in it. Thanks for the review.
Jennifer Kloss
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-kloss.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Jennifer Kloss »

I am a fan of love. I love novel because in this world true love is just found in novels only. So I will definitely not miss this novel. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”