Official Review: The Ballet by Judith Erwin

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Official Review: The Ballet by Judith Erwin

Post by julessawyer »

Gabi Valera is bound to a life of solitude by circumstances beyond her control. No one must learn of the dark secret that burdens her. The only freedom she is allowed is dance. Love is a luxury she shuns. Her resolve to remain alone is shaken to its root when she meets Derek Conner, the son of the largest donor to the ballet company she works for. Gabi's head is left spinning by the unexpected, fiery attraction between herself and the handsome heir. Afraid of the dark forces out to get her and the consequences of divulging her secret, Gabi resists the intense pull between them. Will love win?
This paragraph made me want to read it already and not finish your review! :) This is really good because it convinced me to read and it did not spoil the story. I was hoping there will be some slip on the latter part of your review. :)
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

I always wanted to read such a romance novel that involves mystery. And this is going to be the first one!
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

julessawyer wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 09:14
Gabi Valera is bound to a life of solitude by circumstances beyond her control. No one must learn of the dark secret that burdens her. The only freedom she is allowed is dance. Love is a luxury she shuns. Her resolve to remain alone is shaken to its root when she meets Derek Conner, the son of the largest donor to the ballet company she works for. Gabi's head is left spinning by the unexpected, fiery attraction between herself and the handsome heir. Afraid of the dark forces out to get her and the consequences of divulging her secret, Gabi resists the intense pull between them. Will love win?
This paragraph made me want to read it already and not finish your review! :) This is really good because it convinced me to read and it did not spoil the story. I was hoping there will be some slip on the latter part of your review. :)
Thank you. This means a lot to me!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I do love romance with a twist of mystery, but usually, I prefer the male character being the mysterious one. It is true that female characters are rarely the one wanting to keep the relationship simple and short, I'm really curious how this relationship is developed through the pages.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Now I'd love to know what happens to Derek and Gabi. Interesting review. Thanks!
Zemira95+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zemira95+ »

Love,mystery, self discovery, what's not to like?!...this book will be hard to put down,thanks for the review,can't wait to read it
Ann Mattocks
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mattocks.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ann Mattocks »

After reading your review I had to put this book on my "Want to Read" bookshelf. Lately there are not many romance books that don't fall into my category of corny or unrealistic. I'm intrigued to read about a man being turned down for a relationship for a change. Gabi's mysterious past must have been rough if she doesn't feel worthy of love, which makes me even more interested in reading this book. Thank you for your insightful review that has made me eager to keep on reading.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I have a thing for books based on the main characters talent which is dancing in this case. I think love will win eventually.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”