Review by Maxwell700 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maxwell700
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxwell700.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Maxwell700 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Maxwell700 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Heartaches is a romance kind of book written by H.M. Irwing. The book has around 20 chapters and about 300 standard pages. The story of one of the characters, Rafe, who is a soldier, reminded me of a story I read in the Bible. In the Bible, king David plotted the death of two of his soldiers so that he could have a chance to marry one of these soldiers wife, who he had happened to fall in love with. In the book, the army leader falls in love with Rafe and plans for the death of the soldiers he lead so that he could force him to accept him as his sex partner by threatening him to loose his job due to his "poor leadership skills."

Ana is a lovely girl studying in a college. She falls in love with one of her classmates. She puts her trust in him but he betrays her. He, his brother and father use drugs on her so that they can rape her easily without her refusing. The manner in which they rape her is very inhuman. The author vividly describes these events when she is being raped. They did this several times before, Rafe, who had severed the same fate as I have described earlier, came to rescue her. The rapists of these two characters seem not to give up as they came several times to them demanding for their reunion.

The of plot of the book was amazing. I kept my eyes glued on the book for most hours. If it was not for its many pages, I bet I could have read it in just one sitting. The writing style is also interesting. The plot of the book and the writing style are the main things that made me love the book much. The characters are not many. I never got confused like I do when I read novels having many characters with some having names which sound almost similar.

The traits of the characters was also interesting. There is Rafe, Rafe seems to be very fearful, coward at sometimes, loving always and with no sense of humor. The rapists on the other hand seem to be courageous, canning, and having a good sense of humour. To be sincere, I really loved the book very much. The dialogue was not overdone. This made the book even more interesting. Although the habit of the author describing sex moments much more vividly did not impress me, the other instances were he does so made the book really amazing.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not come across any grammatical and spelling errors in my reading progress. The book was professionally edited. The author was able to capture very sensitive information vividly without fear. I recommend the book mainly to people who have lost hope in their love life. The book is about two characters who severed a grate deal sexually but they finally meet and love each other deeply. The book is also recommendable to all adults who like reading love stories. It was really an interesting read. I, however, don't recommend the book to children and people under the age of 18 years. Sex moments are vividly described and their are also rape incidents which are also vividly described.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Maxwell700's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”