Official Review: Gift of Dreams by Kelly Rose Saccone

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Official Review: Gift of Dreams by Kelly Rose Saccone

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gift of Dreams" by Kelly Rose Saccone.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gift of Dreams by Kelly Rose Saccone is an excellent mix of genres; romance, mystery, and paranormal are intertwined in this entertaining story. Wynter Malone and Rafe Wolf both have “gifts”. Wynter has to the ability to locate lost things while Rafe can walk in other people’s dreams. When Rafe’s niece is kidnapped, their paths cross for the first time because the chief asks Wynter to help find Iris. The two develop an instant connection even though this is the first time they’ve met. Will Wynter be able to use her abilities to solve the kidnapping? Will Wynter and Rafe’s gifts bring them together, or will it pull them apart?

I loved the way this book covered multiple genres. The kidnappings and the attempt to solve them brought mystery to the book. The paranormal part of the book was found in Wynter’s psychic abilities and Rafe’s ability to dream walk. Romance was sprinkled all throughout the book as different characters came together. The balance makes it so that a broad audience of readers could find something to like about the book.

The story was great. It really had me on my toes. There were several spots where something happened that I wasn’t expecting at all. I would think that I knew what was going to happen, and then I’d read on and be completely wrong. I have to say, I was hooked from the first chapter and found myself not wanting to put the book down.

While I really liked the story, I didn’t like the language and writing style throughout the book. Overall, a lot of it, especially the dialogue, was unrealistic. I enjoy books when it seems like the story could actually happen. Even if the storyline is out there, I like to feel like I’m reading something real instead of something made up. The sex scenes in the book were one example of the loss of reality in the book. Most of the story consisted of sweet romance, but the sex scenes came out of nowhere. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy romance. However, the language bordered too much on the erotic side for my taste, and the scenes really held that unrealistic feeling. Of course, this is my personal opinion, but I feel like this really detracted from the story. However, others might like this aspect of the book.

Also, the writing was very repetitive throughout the book. The same word or phrase was often repeated in several consecutive sentences. When it came to names, the characters used them too much in dialogue. The book could also use another round of editing. There were quite a few errors that included improper capitalization, misuse of punctuation, and incorrect words. The errors weren’t major, but they were distracting nonetheless.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the story, but the writing could use some improvement. If the book were revised, I would definitely consider giving it a higher score. I would recommend this story to anyone who likes a mix of genres and can look past the errors in the book.

Gift of Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anneloretrujillo's review? Post a comment saying so!
RishyR
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishyr.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by RishyR »

The cover of this book alone looked like it would be my type of book to read and now your review has piqued my interest in this book even more as it falls in my genre and hopefully the Pros outweigh the Cons you found.
Great review... will put this on my list of must reads!
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

I love romance and i would enjoy this but i will not appeal to exaggerated sex scenes that distort the romance.
Thank you for the review.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

From your review, the plot really appeals to me. I like books that include a range of genres. The cover design is also quite mesmerizing. It's too bad that the book is not edited well. Thanks for giving your honest thoughts about Gift of Dreams.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Darn! The unpredictable plot you described made me want to read this book, but the sex scenes "out of nowhere" will keep me away from it. Great review, though!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

First and foremost, I love the cover it's so captivating. The story seem very interesting I like the idea of a mix genre. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
pinchess07
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Zeva
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinchess07.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by pinchess07 »

The premise looks awesome. I'm always uo to reading about paranormal stuff, not to mention mysteries. Your review was very detailed. Thanks for the warning about the editing.
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Chrisomila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisomila.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Chrisomila »

The cover actually is great. After seeing your review i will love to read this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”