Official Review: Relationship Resuscitation

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Official Review: Relationship Resuscitation

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Relationship Resuscitation" by Jennifer Theriot.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What do you do when your kids finally move out of the house? What is going to fill up all the time that used to be spent on the kids? A contest designed to reignite the passion in your marriage is the perfect space-filler! In Relationship Resuscitation by Jennifer Theriot, Phillip and Jayne Miller do just that. Their twin girls have finally moved out, and they want to feel passion in their relationship again. Jayne decides that they should have a contest in which each person has to do what the other asks. Will this contest work? Who will win? You’ll have to read this romance to find out.

I picked this book because I have read several books by this author, and I’ve enjoyed every one of them. I like that she writes steamy romances that aren’t overly erotic. I can assure you that this book did not disappoint. I loved this short novel. It was a light, easy read that can definitely be completed in just a couple sittings. It’s perfect for a rainy afternoon or maybe a day by the pool. Sit back, relax, and enjoy as the Millers attempt to resuscitate their relationship.

The flow and pacing of this book were perfect. I didn’t want to put the book down, and I was sad when it ended. The author wrote with a seamless style that kept me engaged as the book moved along. The bits of humor here and there prevented the book from being stagnant and had me giggling as I read. The plot was well-developed and unfolded with perfect timing. If I hadn’t been interrupted by work, I definitely would have read this book in one sitting.

My favorite thing about this book was that the author provided a couple chapters of background information on the Millers through the use of flashbacks. This gave me an idea of how they became a couple, and it helped me understand their current relationship better. The author did a great job labeling these flashback chapters so that I didn’t become confused when reading. These chapters were a great addition to the book!

The only downfall of the book was the editing. I noticed quite a few errors for such a short book. Some of the major errors were the use of inconsistent tenses and inconsistent formatting of dialogue throughout the book. There were also some other minor errors. While these errors don’t really take away from the meaning of the book, they can be distracting to the reader.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The story itself was great! The only reason I took away a star is that there were too many errors in the book to give it a perfect rating. If those errors are fixed, I would definitely give it a perfect score. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance and wants a short, fun book to read. This book does have sex scenes in it, so I wouldn’t recommend it to younger readers or anyone that doesn’t like those type of scenes.

There’s more where this book came from! This is actually one of seven books in the Juniper Court Series. Each book is written by a different romance author about one of the families that lives on Juniper Court. The goal of the series is to provide a glimpse into each family’s life while also seeing them from their neighbors’ eyes. If you like this book, you’ll have to check out the rest. Jennifer Theriot is also writing a full-length novel to continue the story of the Millers. I know that I’m excited to check out all of the books related to this one!

Relationship Resuscitation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anneloretrujillo's review? Post a comment saying so!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I recently discovered Jennifer Theriot and have been meaning to read more of her books. It's a great pity this one has a lot of errors because the storyline sounds terrific. I enjoyed your review a lot. Thank you :)
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I wonder who won? Did they rekindle their relationship back? Something interesting and new. I wonder do people think like this, I don't no since I have never experience this in life. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I misjudged this book. I thought it would be more erotic and less romantic, but your review has me reconsidering it. It's a shame that it needs more editing, though. Great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Almost picked this one and I didn't! The storyline seems quite interesting and usually, I don't go for overly erotic books, so this one seems ideal for me. Thanks for giving a brief insight into the Juniper Court series, I will have a look at that when I want to explore something new. Great review!
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

I love that the book is a light and easy read. Also the fact that it is not overly erotic makes it a great read for me. Awesome review.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I loved that it wasn't overly erotic. There were sex scenes, but they were well-placed and weren't over the top. That's what I love about this author.
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

Not only this book, but other books by this author sound interesting as well. I think I should definitely check out her work. Thanks for introducing her to me.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I'm currently in romantic mood so I figure I will pick this book since this book is not entirely erotic. Thank you for your review and I would like to explore more from this author's works.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Destinymay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Destinymay »

I found a lot of errors in the book I read It an realized that there wasn't a lot of dirty parts I do like reading book like this but I wish it had more dirty moment more love plot
LeezaReddish

Post by LeezaReddish »

Its about a really nice romantic love relationship between two people.
Destinymay

Post by Destinymay »

I don't no since I have never experience this in life yet but I just had my one year old so we will see as n I agree like most people love a dirty book but I found the book had alot o passion an love between characters, i just wish it had intensified itself for other to enjoy it more. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”