Official Review: The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part two

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Official Review: The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part two

Post by Supergirl1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part two" by Francesca Thomas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This purple covered, 314 page book is the second installment in Francesca Thomas’ romance trilogy: The Dream I Never Knew I Had. Here, the love-hate story of Nick and Alexandria continues, taking on a more interesting turn.

After Alexandria loses her pregnancy, she feels devastated and berates herself for being unable to fulfill her late husband’s wish. Caustic as ever, Nick does not sympathize with her and actually suggests she might have been lying about the pregnancy to begin with. This stance earns him Alexandria’s wrath, and that of her support group, which had grown to include even his own family members. Besides Oscar, the son she adopted with Jackson, Alex adopts another boy named Max. In typical fashion, Nick is against this decision, but she doesn’t need his approval. Eventually, it turns out that Nick has taken on the enemy persona so far only because he is scared of his feelings for her. Their relationship undergoes drastic improvement, and everything seems great again. He even helps keep her safe from her angry ex, Thomas Ross. Sophia, Alexandria’s childhood friend who has been in a coma for years, passes on. Then something unexpected shakes their fledging relationship to its core. It is up to Nick to protect his newfound happiness.

I must admit this novel is another winner for me. The author has provided just enough details to leave the reader satisfied, and with no puzzling questions in their head. There aren’t any unnecessary digressions. The sex scenes are enjoyable and not offensive at all (except maybe to an extremely prudish person, who shouldn’t even be reading romances in the first place). The value of confession and forgiveness is brought to light: Alex, her sister Emily, and Nick all experience the liberating power of letting things go.

Like the first part, this book is very engaging. I found myself lost in this story: feeling sorry for Max, wanting to swat Nick over the head with a newspaper, and feeling relieved when Thomas gets caught. Though I wonder why this book was named after Sophia. There isn’t much about her in the book, just Alex visiting her bedside whenever she’s in town, some weird places in the story where it seems Alex was praying to her, and when she dies. I guess I feel somewhat disappointed because I was hoping she would come out of the coma. The author, Francesca, is one fantastic storyteller.

I am delighted to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to have been professionally edited, though there were still a few errors I don’t believe were bad enough to earn this book a more negative rating. I recommend this book to lovers of romance novels who love a good storyline. Note though, you may have to read the first part to understand the story. I look forward to reading the concluding sequel in this beautiful trilogy.

The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part two
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Supergirl1's review? Post a comment saying so!
danielsyengo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielsyengo.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by danielsyengo »

Wowoooo! I like your review.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

I'd like to get started on reading the first book. I love reading stories where I can lose myself into and though it is thrilling to read stories with a little bit of mystery or puzzle unsolved, I also quite enjoy those that provide enough details that would not keep readers hanging. So just as this review stated, I would love this romance novel.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Great review! That is weird about the title. Sounds like a well-woven story, though.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Sunemma123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunemma123 »

Good work! I like your review.
Miriam11
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Miriam11 »

Not really a fan of romance stories but from this review I may be tempted tocheck it out plus "I love the little "
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

If a book leaves you as Raj in Big Bang theory says in a "hunky-dunky" feeling then it is a book worth reading. It all depends on a person's interested and reasons for reading, to learn, for happiness, etc. Thank you for sharing this delightful book from your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Milar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Milar »

I would love to read the book!
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

danielsyengo wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 00:58 Wowoooo! I like your review.
Thank you. :) :D
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Riszell wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 01:17 I'd like to get started on reading the first book. I love reading stories where I can lose myself into and though it is thrilling to read stories with a little bit of mystery or puzzle unsolved, I also quite enjoy those that provide enough details that would not keep readers hanging. So just as this review stated, I would love this romance novel.
Good to see that we are on the same page on this one. You should definitely read it.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

SamSim wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 08:13 Great review! That is weird about the title. Sounds like a well-woven story, though.
I really can’t seem to figure out why that title was chosen. The story was more about Nick and Alex than about Sophia.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

As I rush to go find the first book! :D What a delightful review this was to read. Well done!
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Ever_Reading wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 07:30 As I rush to go find the first book! :D What a delightful review this was to read. Well done!
Thank you. :D :D
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

Engaging review as always! This seems like a romance novel that won't be too cliche and I'll actually enjoy reading.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

I love the charming way in which the reviewer was able to explain the details of the story. I haven't read the book, but I found myself holding my heart at the end of the review; it means I'll look into the book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”