Review by biscuits -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Review by biscuits -- Trip to Adele

Post by biscuits »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

MY REVIEW ON TRIP TO ADELE BY RANA ALYASEER AND AHMAD ALYASEER

The Alyaseer siblings found this book on their love for the popular R&B singer, Adele, as they make the focus of this book on one of her concert that the characters wish to go. This is also observed by naming each chapter after particular songs by her, also with excerpts from the respective songs, her constant mention and affiliation of this love to the characters. Aside from the characters love for Adele’s music, another common striking feature is the chronicles of their love life. The story describes three different forms of love; a lost love, a dwindling or declining one and a broken one. These characters include Elias, a fragile hearted lad who seems never to forget his past love, Malika; Yaseer, a married man who suffers matrimonial decline as a result of his dwindling faith and constant arguments with Mariam, his wife and Nadia, a single mother who strives to keep her son as happy :D as possible and not affected negatively by her divorce. What will be the outcome of love in their lives? Will their love lives change for better or worse?

This novel is filled with ordeals of faith and searching for the truth, traditions and customs, superstitious beliefs and mystical powers. It recognizes and reaffirms the belief of the existence of a supreme being that created all things. It reminds us of the way the laws of the universe and nature are constantly at work. It reminds us we shouldn’t look down on anybody at all, that our good behaviour or deeds could the turning point for someone else, for example, when Mariam always acted good and forgave him and others irrespective of what they might have done to her. This was the great faith that he saw in his wife that he made him come back to her. It also teaches us not to blame spells and superstitions for our mischief and the choices that we make. We should be ready to face the consequences of the actions as a result of our choices.

This book also teaches the values of matrimony, motherhood, love and sacrifice. It helps us to explore the ordeals of marriage as it is not a rosy adventure but one adequately filled with thorns. One must however, through love and sacrifice, move past the challenges in order to enjoy the bouquet of roses. It emphasizes the need for communication in marriages as this was lacking in Yaser’s marriage, the fact he couldn’t tell his wife about how he felt about her and their relationship despite her knowledge of it, leading to constant arguments between them. It teaches the value of forgiveness and patience in marriage and also in all facets of life. Also, in the way Nadia desperately loved her son and sought for nothing but his happiness irrespective of the selfish ego of Waleed’s father, we could see the values of love and sacrifice. It also teaches about child development as it can be affected by matrimonial issues like divorce. Nadia was also a mother that ensured that her child got the best always.

It also talks about women’s right and freedom, the need to grab opportunities and self-development. This is seen in the story of Nadia when her family belittled her opinion as a woman, how she also suffered abuse from her ex-husband before she got divorced and how she forcefully had to obtain a work leave she was entitled to and also as she was told by her grandmother, “A sought right is never a lost right”. Malika was a young spirited lady that always had the zeal to learn at every opportunity and seek a better life for herself.

The amazing serenity and scenery that the authors incorporated into the stories are enough to spur one’s interest in going the areas and make one even feel they are there even if one is not. Also, the way they describe every moment of love, it captivates one’s emotions adequately and makes one smile :) , laugh :lol: , tearful :cry: or sad :( . They also succeeded in communicating to their readers by usually the simplest language as possible with adequate explanation of native terms without the use of a glossary.

It is also worthy to note that this is not a typical romance novel filled with sex and other such obscenities as we don’t have this all through the text unlike the conventional romance novels. This is very commendable on the part of the authors as there is a realization that one could describe love without sex, most especially in the highly sexualized world of today.

I conclude by saying that this text is a captivating, suspense-filled, emotional and interesting novel that teaches one about critical areas of life. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as its simplicity and thrilling nature make it suitable for a wide range of ages to read. It is also educating and entertaining :tiphat: .

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like biscuits's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I especially liked your focus on the emotional reactions the book has stirred. It's a good book, indeed, and I loved reading it (just as much as I had in listening to Adele's songs).
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”