Official Review: Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy Book 1)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Official Review: Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy Book 1)

Post by kwahu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy Book 1)" by J. J. Sorel..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Clarissa Moon is a young girl who has majored in art history, and in desperate need of a job. She currently shares an apartment with her childhood friend, Tabitha, who doubles up as her adviser on matters fashion. Ellen Shelton from the agency selects Clarissa for a job interview as a P.A at the Thornhill Holdings and for Clarissa, it is just like any other interview, until she arrives at Thornhill Holdings. As she settles into the room full of contenders, they all mockingly stare at her for she stands out, adorned with 1960s apparel.

Aidan Thornhill, Clarissa's probable and enigmatic boss is labelled wealthy, impossibly handsome, and the sexiest man alive. Being an eligible bachelor, he has proved to be every lady's dream. Rumour has it that Aidan Thornhill seduces his female employees; especially his personal assistants and apparently, every P.A that has fallen into his arms before, eventually ended up with a dismissal letter. Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy Book 1) is a romance novel by J. J. Sorel that tells a story full of suspense and twists that had me thrilled and enthralled to the end.

This novel captured my attention from the first chapter with its salacious description of events. If you are an admirer of garnished romantic fairy-tale, then you will certainly have a tussle putting this book down. I like how the author keeps the reader guessing all through, not forgetting the twists and turns that adds to the beauty of the exceptional writing style. Character development has also received a fair share probably because this is book 1 of the Thornhill Trilogy.

With Aidan being a lover of art, the author couldn't miss the opportunity to invite art history from as far as the 19th century. I also admired how art is used to electrify romance between Clarissa and Aidan even when Aidan's dark past and nightmares from his best friend and former army colleague Bryce Beaumont threatens to resurface. Fashion, Art, and love are the main themes in the novel and have worked magic for the plot in each setting throughout all the fifty chapters. This makes me so desperately yearn for book 2.

There is absolutely nothing I didn't like about this novel. Some readers may dislike the book for being extremely steamy in describing the sexual scenes; however, for those who like reading hot romantic tales, you may want to grab a copy of this. On the contrary, this book is not fit for young readers below the age of 18 years. Though I was keen not to skip errors, the proof reader's eye seems to have done excellently in editing the book; therefore I won't hesitate to give the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwahu's review? Post a comment saying so!
Maflex1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maflex1.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by Maflex1 »

Being a fun of romantic novels, I can't wait to read this. Would Clarissa get the job as the PA? Would she fall for Aidan and would she also be served with a dismissal letter? What about the famous bachelor? Would he also finally fall for Clarissa? Can't wait to grab a copy to find out the answers. Thanks for the review.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Very insightful review,thank you. I sometimes like to spice up my reading with romantic novels.I will definitely put this one to consideration.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Very intriguing review that I certainly want to grab my copy. This story reminded me of 50 shades of gray specially in the area where the girl goes to her to-be boss interview. Sound like a spicy read!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I am never tired of reading romantic stories and this is definitely one I look forward to reading. Thank you for your review.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I've tired of reading romance novels recently, but if I get a craving for one I might just pick this one up. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

First, the cover speaks for itself "hot," the book sounds intriguing, and the suspense piques the reader's interest. Thanks for the review!
Sila Javan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sila Javan »

This book could be more interesting if a movie was cast about it. I like the language its very interesting.
Jbluestocking2
Currently Reading: The Next Worship
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbluestocking2.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Jbluestocking2 »

I don't read much romance unless there's an intelligent plot somewhere in there as well. This one seems like the job she's hoping for and the art itself has enough weight in the story to interest me. Thanks for your thoughtful review!
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

Maflex1 wrote: 08 May 2018, 04:10 Being a fun of romantic novels, I can't wait to read this. Would Clarissa get the job as the PA? Would she fall for Aidan and would she also be served with a dismissal letter? What about the famous bachelor? Would he also finally fall for Clarissa? Can't wait to grab a copy to find out the answers. Thanks for the review.
Thanks Maflex1, this is definitely one of a kind. I am pretty sure it won't let you down!
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

Faithmwangi wrote: 08 May 2018, 05:45 Very insightful review,thank you. I sometimes like to spice up my reading with romantic novels.I will definitely put this one to consideration.
Thanks Faithmwangi, actually for me this is my first Romance since I joined OBC and it wasn't a disappointment! It's always good and fun to try new things.
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 08 May 2018, 08:46 Very intriguing review that I certainly want to grab my copy. This story reminded me of 50 shades of gray specially in the area where the girl goes to her to-be boss interview. Sound like a spicy read!
Thanks Sahani Nimandra, it's actually so tempting that you would forget all else to finish it in one day. Really spiced up.
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

crediblereading2 wrote: 08 May 2018, 19:02 I am never tired of reading romantic stories and this is definitely one I look forward to reading. Thank you for your review.
Crediblereading2, thanks,it's even more fascinating that it has a sequel!
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

AmySmiles wrote: 09 May 2018, 15:09 I've tired of reading romance novels recently, but if I get a craving for one I might just pick this one up. Thanks for the review.
Thanks AmySmiles, it's really good to have a break once in a while. I promise you this won't disappoint when you're back.
kwahu
Currently Reading:

Post by kwahu »

mumoscar wrote: 09 May 2018, 23:34 First, the cover speaks for itself "hot," the book sounds intriguing, and the suspense piques the reader's interest. Thanks for the review!
Thanks mumoscar, it's actually worth a try..

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”