Official Review: Pressing Flowers by Katie Blanchard

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Pressing Flowers by Katie Blanchard

Post by Haute_Coffee »

Jonida wrote: 04 May 2018, 10:58 Great story, I love the kind of stories when the character faces these difficult situations and despite all get's up, gathers the strengths and moves forward... I am sure Miriam has done the same. Want to read this great book. Thank you for such a beautiful review.
Thanks for reading me review; I hope you enjoy the book.
Haute_Coffee

Post by Haute_Coffee »

sandraregina07 wrote: 04 May 2018, 15:13 :cry: I love the way you reviewed this book, it is so moving and you had such a care to describe the characters feelings, that I have no other choice but to read this book and cried my heart out.
Thank you! Get your tissues ready.
Haute_Coffee

Post by Haute_Coffee »

Nmadinachi Egwim wrote: 04 May 2018, 15:57 Thank you for your endearing review. I already yearn so much to read this book. Books like this suck you in and spit you out only at the very end. Then you end up a soggy mess for days after :lol2: . Never easy to forget!
It was one of those books I kept thinking about. I think Blanchard will be a really popular author in the future.
Haute_Coffee

Post by Haute_Coffee »

lydiasmoot21 wrote: 04 May 2018, 18:47 It sounds sad and like a therapeutic book. I like your review.
Thank you!
Haute_Coffee

Post by Haute_Coffee »

SABRADLEY wrote: 04 May 2018, 20:26 I know this book would affect me the way it does for you. Reading the review, I was trying to decipher Emma's intentions. Was Miriam really being neglectful? Is Emma just controlling? Or perhaps she really wanted to motivate Miriam to try to get out of the grips of depression. In any case, I'm really not sure how I feel about Emma, but this sounds like a book I would get very caught up in. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Thank you! I hope a lot of people read it because the author is a great writer. It deserves to be read.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Sounds like an engaging, moving and beautifully written story. Grief and loss are certainly among the hardest burdens for anyone to bear in life. A highly impressive effort for a debut novel!
Chykc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chykc »

I was so emotional when I was reading this. I felt for Mariam, her little and Emma Mariam's mum also. It goes to show us the bond between mother and child. Look at that strategy Emma used, she became an opposition just to heal her child. She applied that strategy because she knew that Marriam can not afford to stay without her only joy (her daughter) and I know that Mariam had to think less of the dead and also realized that life is for the living. Amazing piece
Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Fuzzy456 »

I just posted the other day that I have yet to read a book that will bring me to tears - maybe this one will do the trick! This is a very thorough review and I will be putting this on my “to read” bookshelf. Thank you for such an honest review, this book sounds deep on many levels and sometimes a good read like this is what we all need to bring us down to reality.
isa3030
Currently Reading: Just in Time
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by isa3030 »

a striking story of sympathy and petty ,sorrow and mind broken, it has happened to me in the past ,this book Pressing Flower has consolatory mind boggling narration for people whose romantic life was short charged
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A story revolving around a woman grieving for her husband sounds too heart-wrenching for me. Losing someone close is indeed devastating, I can relate, but she should have tried harder to snap out of her depression. After all, she has her daughter to consider. I hope her story ends well. Managing to draw pain so well shows talent. I prefer more cheerful tales, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Interesting book which I did not much enjoy reading but it happened ro be free on Amazon Kindle so.....
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Wilkister94 »

It's always so heartbreaking when one looses their partner. Pressing Flowers by Katie Blanchard sounds like a good read and I will try it out
Look where you want to go in life, not at where you don’t want to go.
Rob White
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

The sample was easy to read and it pulls you into the story straight away. I think maybe the fact that it's written in the first person adds to the sense of involvement with the main character. I'll definitely read this at some point. Many thanks for a very fine review!
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Pressing Flowers by Katie Blanchard sounds like a great book. It's so heartbreaking for one to loose his/her partner. I so much feel for Miriam Jones. I will read this book even though I will need enough tissue my entire reading because it's so emotional. Great review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

Indeed, Miriam's grief seems overwhelming. Her daughter is the reason for her to come out of depression into real life. Miriam's mother is very tactful Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”