Official Review: The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part one

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Official Review: The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part one

Post by Supergirl1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part one" by Francesca Thomas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Dream I Never Knew I Had is an adult romance trilogy with an uncommon love-hate angle. This book, subtitled Jackson, is the first part of the three books that make up the entire story. In this opening sequel, Francesca Jackson tells a very emotional story that will keep this book glued to your hands.

This book focuses primarily on the love triangle involving Alexandria Kingfield and billionaire blood brothers Jackson and Nick Tasconi. In the course of trying to escape a particularly troublesome contract, she meets and deliberately gets pregnant for Nick, much to everyone’s chagrin. Contrary to her plans, Nick finds out about her pregnancy. Feeling tricked, he despises her and makes it very obvious. Yet, some of his actions betray the fact that he still cares about her. After some time, Alexandria loses Olivia, a close friend of hers, to death. She has to take custody of Olivia’s son Oscar. This is when Jackson comes to her rescue and helps her provide a home for the boy by getting married to her. Their marriage causes turmoil in the Tasconi household, with Nick being the lead antagonist. But things are not exactly as they seem. Jackson’s death and the subsequent reading of his will provide answers to a number of questions.

This is a romance novel with an edge. The story is well detailed, devoid of any needless digressions. The characters are relatable and readers will find themselves drawn to quite a number of them. The overall theme of resilience in the face of constant challenges is very engaging. The manner of storytelling is superb; the book feels like a movie. There are very few spelling errors, but they do not interfere with overall reading pleasure.

The author has succeeded in telling a very beautiful story. I am very sure my summary does not do enough justice to it as I am not half the storyteller Francesca Jackson is. The story is infused with just enough suspense to keep the reader very interested in finding out what happens next. I especially love the fact that this book contains more interesting story than sex scenes.

With all pleasure, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to have been professionally edited and the few errors I observed were not bad enough to attract a lower rating. I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading romance novels with a great storyline and I look forward to reading the next sequel.

The Dream I Never Knew I Had, part one
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Supergirl1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

There seems a lot of twist and unexpected hidden agendas. The characters within the story seem to complicate things a lot. There is more to this story than what I think. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I loved the title - The Dream I Never Knew I Had. The book itself looks like a nice romance with more to it than the classical scenario. I am glad that everything did not come down to filling in the blanks in between the erotic scenes. Thanks for the details!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
bnoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bnoy.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by bnoy »

When I first started reading your review I thought 'this is definitely not the book for me'. I tend to really dislike books that are split into parts but you've completely changed my mind. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for such a thorough review.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I have a tendency to bypass romance novels with the thought that they are all the same. But the plot sounds a little bit unique in this one. And with a sequel, I guess the author is doing something right to keep the storyline rolling along. It makes me want to reconsider the genre.
Everything happens for a reason...
lydiasmoot21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydiasmoot21.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by lydiasmoot21 »

It seems like this book could be a soap opera in written form.
marinduque2000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marinduque2000 »

The story have so many twist and turns that I may enjoy reading while waiting for my husband from work .Can't wait to finish the whole story. Looks exciting.😊
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I hope the plot doesn't get too obvious, but from what I can see, it has a lot of twists and they seem interesting. Thank you for the review!
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 02 May 2018, 01:41 There seems a lot of twist and unexpected hidden agendas. The characters within the story seem to complicate things a lot. There is more to this story than what I think. Thank you for your review!
There is definitely a lot of twist to this story. I’m glad you enjoyed the review.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Laura Ungureanu wrote: 03 May 2018, 03:54 I hope the plot doesn't get too obvious, but from what I can see, it has a lot of twists and they seem interesting. Thank you for the review!
Thank you
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

cpru68 wrote: 02 May 2018, 16:55 I have a tendency to bypass romance novels with the thought that they are all the same. But the plot sounds a little bit unique in this one. And with a sequel, I guess the author is doing something right to keep the storyline rolling along. It makes me want to reconsider the genre.
She really is doing something right, I agree. This is one of the books that give romance novels a good name
Happyday90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happyday90.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Happyday90 »

Hi and thanks for your review. This seems like a great read. Nick seems to be in love with Alex and trying to keep her single. Or he just doesn't want anyone around his son. I really need to read this book. As long as the story line is more than sex, I can appreciate it. I'll give it a go.
nisteen

Post by nisteen »

I love the title..but seems like there are a lot of twists..and it's like some characters are hidden
AkieCJ

Post by AkieCJ »

In reading the title feels like there is a lot of twist and i think this could be a written as soap opera.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”