The Cripple's Bride By Elliee Atkinson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Cripple's Bride By Elliee Atkinson

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Family Of Love Series
STORY-LINE:

Daryl Parker sets out for his sister's in Wickenburg after his heart's broken. However, his timing's not the best. Severely injured in a blizzard, he slowly makes his way to the nearest house. He takes refuge with Rachel O'Connell who lives alone far from town and treats Daryl's injuries as best she is able.

During their time together they become close and Daryl, a man of faith, recognizes God's hand in his injury and sheltering with Rachel. But his past and his injuries will interrupt their time of closeness. Will Daryl and Rachel weather the coming storm of crisis' and emotions? My romance book reviews follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

As we have come to expect from Elliee Atkinson, this story is intensely emotional with people who have a sustaining faith in God's goodness and direction for their lives. Although faith is the backbone of her characters lives, it is not pushed on the reader, instead is an innate part of their moral fiber.

I love the small community feel in this story. As well as, the closeness of the families involved. I also found Rachel's independence appealing. She is no shrinking violet who needs a man for everything. She is independently strong and has taken care of herself for years. However, she will face issues she has never had to face before as she comes to care emotionally for her injured guest. In contrast, the antagonist is a profoundly dependent insecure person.

Daryl is strong, with sterling moral character, and faith in God's direction for his life. As one faces their mortality and the other faces the prospect of love, an antagonist, and jealousy, each strives to do right. With several twists and turns, Atkinson created an entertaining love story. She filled it with emotion and the innate goodness of her characters. She also included a bit of the beginning of meteorology in this story as we find weather plays a part in the storyline.

MY OPINION:

I found The Cripple's Bride an entertaining read from the first pages. With skillful plotting and character development, the author led us through several crisis' and plot developments. Elliee Atkinson's scene's transition smoothly and her writing flows well. She gives us a glimpse of injuries and treatment in the early West, as well as early weather predicting. How fortunate we are to live in a time of medical advancement and meteorology. Rarely do we fear the loss of limbs or life from injuries sustained in an accident. Then adding an antagonist to the storyline added depth and multi-plotting. Atkinson's faced head-on, the issues of abuse and mental illness with finesse and care. I found the romance sweet and clean making this story suitable for anyone old enough to understand abuse and mental illness.

The addition of faith is not pushed on the reader, nor does it take top billing; instead it runs parallel to the storyline. Faith is an integral part of the pioneers and settlers lives from the first settlers to the time of this tale. Atkinson's storyline reflects how vital faith, knowledge of home remedies, and family is to people of this time. She emphasizes blood does not make a family. Instead family is a feeling. I also found that the slow realization of Daryl and Rachel's emotional ties realistic and believable. A clean, sweet, romance I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend. I look forward to new additions to this series.

THE CRIPPLE'S BRIDE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

Additionally, I received this edition from the author and chose to review with honest romance book reviews, voluntarily. Lastly, reviews of any novel are dependent on the author’s opinions. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinion.
Attachments
the cripple's bride by elliee atkinson.jpg
the cripple's bride by elliee atkinson.jpg (151.81 KiB) Viewed 537 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”