Review by Edgar Alan Arpafo -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Edgar Alan Arpafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edgar-alan-arpafo.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Review by Edgar Alan Arpafo -- Trip to Adele

Post by Edgar Alan Arpafo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I just finished reading the book My Trip to Adele written by R.I Alyaseer and A.I Alyaseer. Honestly saying, the title speaks everything about the story. The story tells about how the song of Adele depicts the life of the characters and how they able to incorporate it to Adele’s artistry. The story flows like a crossroads adjoining every character in a once in a lifetime occasion, Adele’s 25 concert.

The story contains various real-life scenario like those of Nadia, a woman who wants to attain freedom even for a brief moment. Yaser, a married man to Mariam, who after years of living together under the same roof had lost their love and affection to one another. Elias, a Moroccan man, who is in search for his love Malika. A heart-warming and life-learning experience from different people with diverse personality, traditions and beliefs.

After reading the first chapter of the book, I already have a hint about how the story would end somehow. As a reader, knowing what the ending could possibly be makes the story boring.

Despite of it, I have to mention that the flow of the story was nice. The story was raw. It is not written as skillfully as the others but it is worth-reading. The characters involved were given just enough back story so that we, the readers, could relate to the persons in the novel. Incorporating every song of Adele to the characters’ story was as good as the song itself. The content of the novel was properly justified and summarized through the chosen song on the chapters making it more surreal to read.

I noticed that as the chapters went on, the story was able to escalate the level of the story as well that making it more interesting. The story also used enough imagery that even readers could visualize the scene as if they were also there. I guess that tool was properly used in writing this novel.

However, there were chapters that I guess lacks vividness and clarity that needs to be rewritten. It needs further depth and support so it will bridge the next chapters firmly. The Arabic names and words used were sometimes a hassle but a few polishing and add-ups on it will clean everything.

Further, there grammar errors and sentence structures that needs correction and paraphrasing. These slight errors might affect the insights of the readers. It is not much but is worth – commenting.

After I read the novel, I am going to rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I gave 3 stars because it is a good novel. I recommend this book, especially to persons who had experienced pains and sufferings, persons who had gone too far to go what they after for. The experience while reading the novel is amazing and worthwhile.

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Edgar Alan Arpafo's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”