Time To Say Goodbye By Parker Cole

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Time To Say Goodbye By Parker Cole

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Christian Inspirational Novel
STORY-LINE:

Gargi Kapoor is a beautiful young woman whose life took a 360-degree turn. Once the toast of the town, famous model, wealthy and sought after, her life now consists of trying to prove her brother, Dev, innocent. Dev convicted in a Ponzi scheme declared his innocence from the beginning. Now, he's very sick, and Gargi researches the disease, as well as, searching for evidence to free Dev.

Leon Reckley, a physical therapist, is assigned to rehabilitate Dev. The rub for Leon is that Dev's criminal activity financially ruined his mother. Leon's determined to restore Dev to health so he can return to prison and serve out his sentence. He has nothing but contempt for the brother and sister.

Neither Gargi nor Leon expect to feel the attraction which slowly begins to blaze between them. Will Leon overcome his bitterness? Will Gargi realize he might be the one for her? Or after his therapy obligation is completed will it be time to say goodbye. My romance book reviews follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Parker Cole created a fantastic story in Time To Say Goodbye; filled with deep emotions ranging from contempt, prejudice, loyalty, and of course, clean, sweet romance. Multi-cultural and brimming with kindred loyalty, this story is riveting. Cole grabbed me and did not let go as she introduced the three main players. Each is fiercely loyal to their family; one contemptuous, one devoted, one facing death and re-imprisonment. I could feel the emotions streaming off the pages as Leon and Gargi faced off; as well as, Dev's depression and lack of hope. Parker Cole skillfully portrayed the emotional battles each face.

Family dynamics play a large part in this tale; the reader is taken on a journey of loyalty and allegiance as our two main protagonists face the issues of interracial relationships and guilt or innocence. Cole peppered this novel with Indian family dynamics, culture, food, and arranged marriages, which I found informative and entertaining.

MY OPINION:

With well-developed characters, twists and turns, steady pacing and intriguing seamless plot lines, I could not put my E-reader down. The secondary characters added depth to the storyline; giving the basis for Leon's "trailer trash" obsession and the Kapoor's attitude to arranged marriages and the place of women in the family unit. I found the pacing perfect. With writing which is easy to read, scenes which transitioned smoothly, and characters which are believable, you will find an expertly executed story. As well as, descriptive writing so vivid I could almost smell the Indian food and see the colorful clothing. I loved the time I spent with all the characters. Although faith plays a part in this novel, it is not overpowering. Instead, it is part of their makeup, morals, and an intricate part of their lives. I would not hesitate to buy this novel for myself or a friend.

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE:

I purchased this copy and chose to assess this edition with honest romance book reviews voluntarily. Lastly, reviews of any novel are dependent on the author’s opinion. Consequently, all reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions.
Attachments
41CQUBI28HL._SY346_.jpg
41CQUBI28HL._SY346_.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 505 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”