Official Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Official Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by zarah_ »

Thanks for the review. I was about to consider getting a copy of this book until you mentioned that it has rape, torture or murder. I was also put off by the inconsistencies you mentioned. I bet it's not a terrible book, just not my cup of tea.
Last edited by zarah_ on 09 Oct 2018, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
goldengal1315
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldengal1315.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by goldengal1315 »

I have never been much of a paranormal fan. I have been reading more since the book of the day options have included some more paranormal options. This is a bit gritty for some and that is ok it is forewarned and you can take it or leave it. In order to ensure people stay alive the protagonist's must go to to sleep. But should she enter into and continue a relationship with a man that fell to hell so many centuries ago ? I am not sure but I e willing to investigate the possibilities.
basilude2109
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by basilude2109 »

Interesting, but in most cases dreams and nightmares could be a reflection of the state of the mind.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

I am not a fan of instantaneous love in my stories but I am intrigued by the fact that a person can be killed in their dreams. However, I have been let down by a lot of supernatural romance lately so I may give this one a try later on.
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by primeRex »

Ingenious is definitely the word for this book. It will be interesting to find out further thoughts up the sleeves of this adroit author, especially regarding the themes mentioned in your review.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

Very thorough review. I find the plot interesting and love to read about love triangles. Graphic scenes and gruesomeness don’t bother me. I find that even in real life many people tend to fall for the bad boy or the wrong person. I’m interested to see how she goes through these dreams fighting to keeps others alive and how her romance goes with the demon.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Quite interesting mix. Paranormal and romance. Figthing with the attraction of the enemy. Should be very interesting for people who likes this kind of angels or demons mytho. I will pass on this one since is not really that appealing to my likes. Will share tough.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I was hopeful when I saw a paranormal romance, but I don’t think I could get through a book with scenes of rape and torture right now. I like the premise though, so I’ll keep it in mind should things change.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I was a little put off at the mention of this being a romance but after reading your review it seems like it has a lot more than just that. I think the dark plot is what really drew me in and I might have to read this one.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman' has a clear introduction. It gives a sound description of a complex story which brings our minds in discussion mode!
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

I like the plot of the novel. "Our inner demons run rampant in our dreams, and they can kill in our sleep". Which makes the novel a little beat scary.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

I agree that this book has a unique spin on Angel and demons mythology. I am impressed by the premise. Also, I am encouraged to read the book as it seems from your review that the relationship between Jaime and Collin are well developed. Thank you for a thorough and great review.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman would be a great book if you're a fan of angels - especially angels who are gorgeous and who kick ass - and the myths and legends surrounding them. It turns out this comes in a series. This can be a fun read! After reading the Amazon cover summary and sample, I suggest that interested readers check out articles on angel mythology first before diving into the series. That would help any reader get the surrounding lore on the characters. The theme of killing people in their dreams is popular in paranormal movies. However, a good writer can exploit a million permutations of plot twists because there are no limits to dreams and hallucinations. Interested readers should check out inaramid's review. She says Purgatory’s Angel works "for its ingenious premise, compelling story-lines, and a strong heroine." She, however, critiques the timeline of the character and the plot, hoping these will be resolved in the next books.

The personal conflicts of Jaime Connor make her a compelling character ripe for either transformation or deterioration. Jaime has a rich backstory: She's somebody who survived a murder attempt in childhood and who saw her father killed and is still dealing with the traumas from these horrors. Jaime has become an angel avenger who enjoys killing murderers and then hates herself for enjoying it. She realizes that her ultimate relief from this conflict is death. Part of her longs for it. Ready, set, go, we have a conflicted heroine who will save us from dying in our dreams. Question is: Can she save herself?
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Thanks for a great review on this book. Sometimes one may find themselves loving the person who naturally is supposed to be a foe. This is quite interesting. I have enjoyed reading your review.

Nevertheless, I will pass this book as I am not into paranormal romance or activities.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
islekine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by islekine »

I am a great fan of the struggles between good and evil. This book sounds like something I would enjoy reading. As this is my first day, first few minutes on the site, I must say, I am extemely pleased and happy I joined. I look forward to exploring further.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”