Official Review: Inescapable ~ The Beginning

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Official Review: Inescapable ~ The Beginning

Post by EricaWilson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inescapable ~ The Beginning" by Madge H Gressley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Darcey Callahan can’t help but fall in love with Brad Daniels, but she has no idea what kind of terrifying consequences their relationship holds. Brad works for a mysterious agency with a top-secret mission. He is called to Peru to investigate the allegation that someone is tampering with his project. During his investigation, he loses contact with Darcey for an extensive amount of time, and her anxiety overwhelms her. She flies out to Peru to find Brad, but instead finds herself kidnapped and sold into a human trafficking ring by the very men that Brad had set out to apprehend. Suddenly, Brad is the one that has to save her. He’ll have to work fast if he wants to rescue her before the remnants of her past life slip completely out of her grasp.

Inescapable isn’t a typical romance story, and the plot is anything but predictable. I expected her to be pining for Brad in her cell, praying that he would show up and whisk her away from the clutches of her kidnappers, but an accident leaves her with only broken memories. Now, not only does Brad have to rescue her, but he has to steal her heart back from the man who cared for her when no one else did, and force her to remember the love they once shared together.

The first part of the novel is mostly focused on Brad’s secret project. I feel that this section of the story drags on a little, but it also provides valuable insight about his colleagues. Even those closest to Brad have ulterior motives, and he is completely unaware that he cannot trust anyone around him. At the resolution of the novel, it is still not made clear why certain characters purposely sabotage Brad’s project, and I would be interested to learn more about their motives in the sequel.

Many stories revolving around human trafficking are often packed with crude and sexual scenes, but this isn’t the case in Inescapable. There are only a few instances in the story that deem it suitable for a more mature audience. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to enjoy the story without being overwhelmed by vulgar scenes.

I believe Inescapable deserves 4 out of 4 stars. It is well-edited and resolves in a way that leaves the reader wanting more. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an unpredictable romance packed with suspense and mystery.

Inescapable ~ The Beginning
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like EricaWilson's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I love the synopsis of the story, very captivating! The twist is great with a complicated touch on how the characters lives are heading too. Thank you for sharing this review and this book!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Sounds quite interesting to add to my bookshelf as "want to read". However, I noticed the review contains spoiler alerts.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Nimrah Asad Khan
Favorite Book: Hunger Games
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Nimrah Asad Khan »

The way it's been reviewed is not only remarkable but also 'inescapable'. I have a feeling I'll be liking Brad's character and already wondering about both the villain, if he's going to give Brad a tough time and out-think him & the female protagonist Darcey, as to why she feels like giving up on the only love of her life. Thanks for this amazing review! Added to my bookshelf as 'Want to read'.
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

I like the way this book sounds. I'm adding this one to my future reading list.
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:
Nifemi10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nifemi10 »

This book is so captivating
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html