Official Review: A Part of Me in You by Elle Davis

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: A Part of Me in You by Elle Davis

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Part of Me in You" by Elle Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Author Elle Davis tells a fascinating story of love, betrayal, loss, and redemption in A Part of Me in You. Grayson Knight was diagnosed with a sociopathic personality disorder as a teenager. After recalling his reactions to some emotional experiences in his life, Grayson accepts this diagnosis and lives his life accordingly. His lack of empathy prevents him from making any meaningful human connections. But a chance encounter with a witty and beautiful waitress gives Grayson cause to consider the possibility of a life filled with passion and true human emotion.

Grayson Knight goes through women like a thirsty man goes through water. If she becomes too attached, she must go. Grayson’s lack of compassion is the cause of his non-existent romantic life and strained family relationships. On the other hand, this attitude has had a positive impact on his career. As a successful, high-powered attorney, Grayson maintains a healthy bank account balance. This lifestyle works just fine for Grayson until he feels a curious attraction to a quirky waitress on a guys’ night out with his friends. Harper is beautiful like all the others, but there is something different about her. Grayson soon recognizes their similarities, but this only intensifies his attraction to her. As Grayson tries to take control she stands her ground. The unbreakable Grayson Knight might have met his match with Harper Ellis.

I expected this story to take a common course as I read the first half of the book. However, an event takes place in the second half of the book that motivated an abrupt shift in the plot. This shift created an exciting reading experience. The suspense deepened my interest and kept me entertained until the very last page.

The author alluded, within this story, to another successful novel. This concerned me at first because I feared that this story would be some sort of fan-fiction. Thankfully, it wasn’t the case. These brief allusions will only be noticed by fans of that bestselling book.

This novel explores common afflictions in a unique way. The characters struggle with Down syndrome, phobias, sociopathic personality disorder, and others. It is very clever to create relatable characters in this way. Even fictional characters can inspire people to overcome afflictions. However, mental health professionals might have issues with the story, but this is a book for romance genre lovers. The romantic moments in this story are well written and pleasant to read. There are a few grammatical errors within the text, but they did not disrupt the flow of the story.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book held my attention through to the end. I became attached to the characters. It was enjoyable to spend time with them, and I was sorry when it came to an end. The story calls the validity of coincidence into question. Maybe, we are exactly right where we are supposed to be.

A Part of Me in You
View: on Bookshelves

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I am sorry I may be wrong but this plot give me the same impression I have towards 50 shades of gray. Same format and flow. Thank you for sharing your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Afoaayoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Afoaayoe »

Anyway, what works for someone might not work for others, good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

While romance isn't my cup of tea, I always enjoy books that take off in a different direction than you think it's going to. Lovely review! Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Well, that makes the book sound really fascinating - thank you. It seems to touch on quite deep matters as well. I like the sound of the element of suspense - obviously quite a page-turner!
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Nice review! As I read the summary I was thinking this sounds like a Fifty Shades kind of book (I think someone mentioned this as well) but I could be wrong. I think I'll give it a try. I like that you mentioned that the plot is suspenseful and does not go in the direction you think it will. I love unpredictable plots. Hope I won't be disappointed!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A man who cannot connect emotionally to people, yet he finds his perfect match sounds as a captivating plot for romance lovers. And it happens that I am a romance lover. HeHeHe. I'm intrigued to know what event occurred in in the second half that veers the story. I'll add this one to my list. Thanks for the great review!
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

The sociopathic angle is intriguing to me! Thanks for the interesting review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

Great review.. thanks. I look forward to reading it
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 05:05 I am sorry I may be wrong but this plot give me the same impression I have towards 50 shades of gray. Same format and flow. Thank you for sharing your review!
Thanks for reading my review!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I always thought that EQ mattered to get ahead in the career world. But lawyers are a different breed; sociopathic behavior may be what's needed to make it, haha. I'd be happy to see an ordinary girl stump a successful lawyer.

Thanks for the intriguing review!
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Afoaayoe wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 05:10 Anyway, what works for someone might not work for others, good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! And thanks for reading my review.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

kandscreeley wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 07:24 While romance isn't my cup of tea, I always enjoy books that take off in a different direction than you think it's going to. Lovely review! Thanks!
This book definitely takes off in a different direction than you think it's going to.Thank you! And thanks for reading my review.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Libs_Books wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 08:28 Well, that makes the book sound really fascinating - thank you. It seems to touch on quite deep matters as well. I like the sound of the element of suspense - obviously quite a page-turner!
Definitely a page turner. Thank you! And thanks for reading my review.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

KFree_Reads wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 11:19 Nice review! As I read the summary I was thinking this sounds like a Fifty Shades kind of book (I think someone mentioned this as well) but I could be wrong. I think I'll give it a try. I like that you mentioned that the plot is suspenseful and does not go in the direction you think it will. I love unpredictable plots. Hope I won't be disappointed!
I hope you like it. Thank you! And thanks for reading my review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”