Official Review: The Miracle of Green by A E Hanaway

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: The Miracle of Green by A E Hanaway

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Miracle of Green" by A E Hanaway.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Author A.E. Hanaway takes the reader on a mysterious adventure in The Miracle of Green. Mandy Brown is desperate to escape the horrors of her past. The traumatic memories haunt and disrupt many of her waking hours, and most of her sleep. She sets off on a journey with plans to ensure her family's physical safety, but Mandy soon discovers that she needs much more, and an unlikely source just might provide all that she needs.

Mandy Brown is on the run. Her abusive husband's reign of terror didn't end with his violent demise. After the loss of her mother, Mandy received word that her husband's family wants to take the couple's two sons into their custody. They cannot take her boys. Caring for them is the only thing keeping her alive. Mandy and her boys find themselves under the protection of a handsome stranger and his family after a few wrong turns and frustrating car troubles.

Mandy and her sons have inherited a supernatural ability, and she soon realizes that her hosts share the same gift. In spite of their kind hospitality, Mandy is not completely sure that they are safe on the Carmon family's ranch. However, her healing experiences give her the motivation to overcome her fears and pain to open her heart to the possibility of love and contentment with her protector, Jason, on the Circle C Ranch.

I connected to Mandy right away. No matter the circumstances, motherhood comes first. Danger seemed to be lurking around every corner. My concern for Mandy and her sons kept me engaged in the story. Mandy is just flawed enough to be relatable, and Jason is the perfect mysterious romance hero. This is a book for romance genre lovers. The romantic moments in this book are well written and pleasant to read. A reader looking for action, or the magic of the supernatural will be let down by this story.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The many misspellings and grammatical errors are a huge disappointment. I was constantly distracted by the errors. Also, Mandy almost never uses her supernatural abilities. At times, I wondered if these abilities were figments of her imagination. However, this story held my attention through to the end. I love these characters. It was enjoyable to spend time with them on the ranch, and I was sorry when it came to an end.

The Miracle of Green
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

Thanks for this review. I am a big fan of romance and this one seems to be something I would enjoy. I especially like that Mandy was a mother. I feel that this makes her more relatable for myself, as we have something in common from page one. I gather from your review that she doesn't use her "abilities" very often and that the supernatural aspect isn't prominent, which saddens me as I am also a fan of the supernatural/paranormal romance genre. It would be nice to find a book in that genre that has a heroine who is a mother. Great review!
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

1ditzyrn wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 21:29 Thanks for this review. I am a big fan of romance and this one seems to be something I would enjoy. I especially like that Mandy was a mother. I feel that this makes her more relatable for myself, as we have something in common from page one. I gather from your review that she doesn't use her "abilities" very often and that the supernatural aspect isn't prominent, which saddens me as I am also a fan of the supernatural/paranormal romance genre. It would be nice to find a book in that genre that has a heroine who is a mother. Great review!
Yes. Mandy is a great character. There is plenty of talk and thought about her supernatural abilities, but not much actual use. I hope you enjoy it!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

Although the backstory of The Miracle Of Green may trigger bad memories for readers who have actually been through similar trauma, the idea of a mom stopping at nothing to protect her children is commendable. Your review makes me wonder what hidden power the main character and some others in the story possess, and why they use their powers so infrequently.
Littera scripta manet -- the written word remains.
Jbluestocking2
Currently Reading: The Next Worship
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbluestocking2.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Jbluestocking2 »

This sounds like a unique book! I wonder whether the author wasn't sure of how the supernatural aspects of the story would interfere with the romantic relationship, which seems like it was the strength of the book. Thanks for your thoughtful review.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Penny Lee wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 14:15 Although the backstory of The Miracle Of Green may trigger bad memories for readers who have actually been through similar trauma, the idea of a mom stopping at nothing to protect her children is commendable. Your review makes me wonder what hidden power the main character and some others in the story possess, and why they use their powers so infrequently.
Thanks for checking my review out!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”