Official Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Witch of Endor" by RK Wheeler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Author R.K. Wheeler takes the reader on a dark and exotic adventure in The Witch of Endor: Vampires. This story weaves together the lives of Greek mythology and Biblical characters. In spite of the characters' supernatural qualities, this romantic tale gives the reader cause to consider the possibility of their capability to feel love, pain, and even vulnerability.

Lilith grew up with a curious ability to speak to the dead. As she matured, this ability became known to others. In the city of Endor, Lilith raised the spirit of Samuel, the prophet, and informed King Saul of his impending loss of a battle with a Philistine army. Although the king assured Lilith of her safety, she did not trust his word and fled into hiding and opened a magic shop.

Lamech was interested in Lilith's abilities and approached her in her new shop. Lamech, the great-great-great grandson of Cain, became the world's very first vampire when he unknowingly murdered the cursed Cain. Lamech and Lilith soon were lovers and it became increasingly difficult for him to keep his true nature from her. Their epic love story takes Lilith to Greece were she faces unimaginable hardships. These experiences force her to make decisions that will change her life and challenge her will to survive.

It was interesting to see the story that the author saw when he read between the lines. He took a risk when he gave these widely recognizable characters secret identities. Many characters from Greek mythology and the Bible turn up in this story. Often times, these characters have completely different lives. Historians and people with strong Christian values might have issues with this story, but it will be enjoyed by readers of fantasy and romance. The back story of each main character was very well done. The continuing consequences of the curse of Cain is a major theme. The story gives evil an origin one character at a time, while telling a romantic love story.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The many misspellings and grammatical errors are a huge disappointment. I was constantly distracted by the errors. Also, I was waiting to learn the fate of a main character, but he simply disappears from the story. However, this story held my attention through to the end. I always enjoy a story that presents recognizable characters, but gives them a supernatural edge. It is a romantic, magical, and suspenseful tale of survival.

Editors's Note: The hero's disappearance is addressed in the sequel.
The Witch of Endor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

The genre fascinates me - supernatural, characters I 'know', etc. I admit, I kind of mentally backed away with "vampires" in the title, however the way your preset it in the review makes it seem like it's a key theme but not necessarily the center of the story. I'm adding it to my 'to read'!
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Thanks for your honest review. A supernatural romance book with Greek mythology, Biblical characters, and Vampires. The concept of speaking to the dead is intriguing. I love to read more about this book.
Jonida
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonida.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jonida »

Composing the mythology & romance is a great deal and I like the idea of a difficult love story in this novel. I think is worth reading it.
dogo75
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dogo75 »

Reading the book will be interesting owing to the fact that the story line is a combination of true life and fiction fussed together with romance,supernatural,biblical characters etc.sure want to read the book
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I'm a staunch Christian who no longer reads romances - the two have nothing to do with each other - but this story is strangely compelling. I know that Lamech being a vampire is part of it, but the other part is that I have a "thing" for reading about well-known characters being used in other ways. I therefore very much look forward to this read... Thanks for the introduction!
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

As soon as I saw, the Witch of Endor I thought of the story of Saul and the witch of Endor...Your review makes this book seem really interesting, but like you said, I am one of those Christian persons that are not too huge of a fan of this story.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Well, quite funny that there are some added lines in this story. This means that the author nay have added some salt to the story to make it more exiting.
Thanks for a well written review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

KLafser wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 09:45 The genre fascinates me - supernatural, characters I 'know', etc. I admit, I kind of mentally backed away with "vampires" in the title, however the way your preset it in the review makes it seem like it's a key theme but not necessarily the center of the story. I'm adding it to my 'to read'!
Right. Vampirism is not the center of the story. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for checking my review out.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

vinodsai wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 10:35 Thanks for your honest review. A supernatural romance book with Greek mythology, Biblical characters, and Vampires. The concept of speaking to the dead is intriguing. I love to read more about this book.
It is definitely intriguing. Thanks for checking my review out.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Jonida wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 10:53 Composing the mythology & romance is a great deal and I like the idea of a difficult love story in this novel. I think is worth reading it.
It’s absolutely a difficult love story. Thanks for checking my review out.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

dogo75 wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 11:48 Reading the book will be interesting owing to the fact that the story line is a combination of true life and fiction fussed together with romance,supernatural,biblical characters etc.sure want to read the book
I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for checking my review out.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

MsTri wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 13:09 I'm a staunch Christian who no longer reads romances - the two have nothing to do with each other - but this story is strangely compelling. I know that Lamech being a vampire is part of it, but the other part is that I have a "thing" for reading about well-known characters being used in other ways. I therefore very much look forward to this read... Thanks for the introduction!
I like stories about well-known characters being used in other ways as well. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for checking my review out.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Jaime Lync wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 15:24 As soon as I saw, the Witch of Endor I thought of the story of Saul and the witch of Endor...Your review makes this book seem really interesting, but like you said, I am one of those Christian persons that are not too huge of a fan of this story.
Thanks for checking my review out.
JessNWheeler

Post by JessNWheeler »

Paul78 wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 15:38 Well, quite funny that there are some added lines in this story. This means that the author nay have added some salt to the story to make it more exiting.
Thanks for a well written review.
Yes. He definitely made it exciting. Thanks for checking my review out.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”