Official Review: A Dangerous Love Affair by Colin Guest

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kastle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kastle.html
Latest Review: Going to Wings by Sandra Worsham

Official Review: A Dangerous Love Affair by Colin Guest

Post by kastle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Dangerous Love Affair" by Colin Guest.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The erotic romantic tale of A Dangerous Love Affair by Colin Guest revolves around a young struggling writer named John and a famous older author named Sally. Their story starts at a book signing in London. The relationship evolves quickly as they open up to each other and share every part of who they are not just in the bedroom, but in their hearts despite their difference in age. As we discover Sally's real name, there is also a dark past from an ex-lover that catches up to the both of them in more than one surprising way.

The third person point of view seemed to be one of the downfalls of the book. I got to engage with not just the main characters, but several others as they appear throughout the story and that left no surprises. Knowing everyone's deepest thoughts and feelings offered up a lot of knowledge and information that could have been kept hidden. I would have enjoyed the book much more if there was a little mystery.

Another aspect I didn't like was the constant never-ending flattery from John. Every other sentence felt like a romantic corny line, and his character never felt real to me because of that. If anything, his personality matched more of what a woman would be acting and thinking about. There were also a few flaws in their relationship that didn't seem believable. One was that they both shared the same exact feelings about each other through the whole story. They also don't face anything that tested their relationship or caused extreme tension or anger. This is not how it would work in reality, as most relationships go through many ups and downs.

However, the language of the story remained clean and easy to read. The level of description and detail was the perfect amount. It helped me focus on the story as John and Sally grow their relationship into a deeply passionate love. The multiple intense sex scenes and fondness for one another made me anxious for their happy ending, and I was always rooting for them. They were easily likable.

I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. It was a typical steamy romance novel. The author wrote this story in an all-knowing point of view that told too much. It left me with an obvious plot and ending. But I did engage with the character's love story, and it wasn't difficult to read. Adults over the age of 15 would enjoy this book.

A Dangerous Love Affair
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kastle's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The plot seem engaging. I couldn't agree with you more on the reality level of the relationship, how realistic it is. I can see that it's a likable book. Thank you!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Suitable for erotic romance lovers! Thank you for your review.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Izzy+bod
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Izzy+bod »

Thanks for the review
Irene oloo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Irene oloo »

The book title is so captivating even before reading.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”