Friendly Persuasion By Jo Huddleston

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Friendly Persuasion By Jo Huddleston

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE FRIENDLY PERSUASION BY JO HUDDLESTON:

Set in 1958, Friendly Persuasion follows two best friends. Joyce Williams and Wayne Mahan have always been best friends; even after graduation, they continued writing letters. Joyce wanted a life of adventure far from her small hometown. Pan Am beckons and Joyce answers. With their ten-year class reunion on the horizon, each decides to attend. They are once more together in their hometown.

However, Wayne has always had a secret love for Joyce and it is hard to hide when they meet again. Will his love ruin the perfect friendship? My romance book reviews of Friendly Persuasion follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

As always, Jo Huddleston created a sweet clean romance filled with small-town values, faith, love, and life-changing decisions. Huddleston's talent for interweaving faith and values into her stories without pushing those beliefs on the reader is evident in this story.

Sadly, Joyce's character is portrayed as a young woman who has never been close to her mother. She wanted out from under the stifling environment of her mother and her small town. She's deeply frightened of ruining the best thing in her life if she and Wayne change the dynamics. She is the classic person who does not see what is right before her face, but everyone else had always known. When she comes to a life-changing revelation, is it too late?

Wayne is a true man of faith, Christian values, and patience. I loved his personality and willingness to let Joyce go her own way. Jo Huddleston held the outcome close to her chest as she wove the threads of her story together, including anxious moments for the reader. Did Joyce wait too late to come to realization? Will all be lost because of fear and indecision?

MY OPINION:

Friendly Persuasion's a quick read of seventy-five pages. The story is well-written with well-developed characters, and excellent plot lines. Huddleston included many facts about the 1950's career and requirements for becoming an airline flight attendant; I found this fascinating. I did not realize to become a flight attendant that the rules and regulations were so strict. Her scenes transitioned smoothly, and the writing flowed well, and her characters are full-bodied with a deep Christian faith which is the backbone of their lives. The love and romance in Friendly Persuasion are clean and sweet. Huddleston does not rely on sex to expand the word count or carry the storyline, nor did she include fluff. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone who reads sweet clean romance novels. Jo Huddleston also included a preview of her coming book, Wait For Me.

FRIENDLY PERSUASION RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE

In addition, I borrowed Friendly Persuasion from -------------- and received a copy from the author. I chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest romance book reviews. Furthermore, reviews of any novel are dependent on the review author’s opinion. Consequently, all reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influences my voluntary romance book reviews.
Attachments
51tLRTrEnML._SY346_.jpg
51tLRTrEnML._SY346_.jpg (22.98 KiB) Viewed 332 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”