Official Review: Sex and the Women by Heini Grünbaum

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Sex and the Women by Heini Grünbaum

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sex and the Women" by Heini Grünbaum.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sex and the Women or: How I learned to appreciate the Feel of the Pussy Part One is a collection of short stories written by Heini Grünbaum.

The book is a memoir of a man named Kris. It chronicles his sexual journey from his first orgasm to his sexual escapades in Paris at twenty four. It starts with fifty year-old Kris then flashes back to the time when he was a boy who was curious about his sexuality then moves on to Kris as a young man. Kris is initially described as a very shy but a very horny boy who did not know how to get over his shyness or how to handle his horniness. With a great deal of determination powered by tremendous amount of lust, Kris was able to overcome his shyness but left his horniness unbridled.

Told in a very casual and conversational tone, the book seems painfully realistic. However, I am not a guy and I have a limited interaction with boys and eventually, men, so I have no way of knowing the extent of its veracity. So, taking the book as a good work of fiction, I could say that the author is able to portray the thoughts and feelings of an extraordinarily lustful and horny individual.

All in all, I find the book funny, amusing and most importantly, educative. I can honestly say that I learned a lot from this book about both the male and female sexuality and the African culture, in addition to some confirmation of what I have always suspected to be true. By using the character Kris, the author conveys that men are not necessarily hornier than women. There are horny men as much as there are horny women. Both have various preferences when it comes to sexual activities and practices and some of these preferences can be unconventional.

The most important lesson I learned from this book, aside from the fact that there really are men who can never be satisfied with one sexual partner, this I have known for a long time now, is how different a man and a woman are in achieving sexual gratification. I believe the author’s explanation to be true and accurate.

Though I sincerely enjoy the book, other readers may not share my enthusiasm. While some readers may find the book, somehow, insensitive and offensive others may find it totally obscene, vulgar and even outright disgusting. Excessive use of slang words to refer to the male and female sex organs may put off some readers as well as the explicitly described sexual intercourse. This is simply not a book for everybody. Moreover, I noticed several errors within the entire book including missing apostrophe (hide ones enthusiasm), misspelled words (starring instead of staring) and incorrect usage (genuine instead of genuinely).

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I find it funny, amusing, entertaining and educative. I recommend it to readers who appreciate erotic reading materials. Obscene languages used and graphic sex scenes described in the book are not suitable for young readers.

Sex and the Women
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

For some reason the work does not seem fiction to me as mentioned but yes I found my self smile at certain point when I was streaming your review. Nice job and appreciate it!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 08:34 For some reason the work does not seem fiction to me as mentioned but yes I found my self smile at certain point when I was streaming your review. Nice job and appreciate it!
Thank you. It's a funny and educative book :)
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I might look past the obscene content and read it purely for educational purposes. There's a few things I might learn from it.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

I don't know yet if I might want to read this book. But your review is awesome. Thank you
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 10:48 I might look past the obscene content and read it purely for educational purposes. There's a few things I might learn from it.
Yes, you might and I hope you get a chance to read it.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Hildah Mose wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 13:41 I don't know yet if I might want to read this book. But your review is awesome. Thank you
Thank you. It's an educative book.
Kiariejack
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kiariejack »

Your review promts me to read the book. The descriptions herein are a gist to any erotic reader out there. Great work thank you.
stanowh

Post by stanowh »

Why was kris so shy like that?
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Kiariejack wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 06:28 Your review promts me to read the book. The descriptions herein are a gist to any erotic reader out there. Great work thank you.
You're welcome. I hope you get a chance to read it.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

As I woman, I'm sure it was interesting to hear about sex from an unfiltered male perspective. Sounds like an interesting read for anyone who isn't a shrinking violet. I'd pick it up and probably run half of it by my husband!
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1029
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Aside from prejudice, I'm not offended by ANYthing and, in fact, sometimes wonder if I should reside in a gutter, *slips tongue firmly into cheek*. With that being said, I know I wouldn't be turned off by this book, and it actually seems like a very interesting read. I rarely read erotica, but this seems like an exception, and I especially like that it's written from the male POV. I'm especially interested in reading how he views male vs. female gratification... Thanks for being brave enough to read and review this.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

CommMayo wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 15:24 As I woman, I'm sure it was interesting to hear about sex from an unfiltered male perspective. Sounds like an interesting read for anyone who isn't a shrinking violet. I'd pick it up and probably run half of it by my husband!
I hope you learn from it as much as I did :)
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

MsTri wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 15:42 Aside from prejudice, I'm not offended by ANYthing and, in fact, sometimes wonder if I should reside in a gutter, *slips tongue firmly into cheek*. With that being said, I know I wouldn't be turned off by this book, and it actually seems like a very interesting read. I rarely read erotica, but this seems like an exception, and I especially like that it's written from the male POV. I'm especially interested in reading how he views male vs. female gratification... Thanks for being brave enough to read and review this.
You're welcome. I, myself, was surprised when I finished it :D Reading the book was OK. Writing the review was the difficult part :)
flimsyfab1

Post by flimsyfab1 »

the book just might be a good one for me!! bcus i am shy kid

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”