Official Review: Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationsh...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationsh...

Post by Shelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationship to Last a Lifetime" by Dr Jones Lukose.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Anyone who has been married longer than 10 minutes will tell you that marriage is work. The book, Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationship to Last a Lifetime, sets out practical and attainable steps to make the work of marriage easier and set couples up for a lifetime of commitment. The authors, husband and wife duo Dr. Jones Lukose and Dr. Beatrice Lukose both have years of experience in the areas of relationship-building and counseling and bring their own personal experiences from their successful decades-long marriage.

Marriage Strings is based on the Lukoses’ successful Motivat Marriage Strings Program that was created to help patients inwardly and outwardly. The thesis explains that for the marriage to work well, the individuals inside the marriage must work on themselves in addition to working on the marriage. When spouses truly connect at their inner spiritual core, the marriage will flourish and be solidly anchored and able to survive life changes, difficulties, and disappointments. The book is set up to help readers be on the same page before they are married, obtain a deeper level of intimacy throughout all aspects of the marriage, and repair the broken parts of an unhealthy or struggling marriage.

This book isn’t very long, but still manages to deal with a lot of heavy subject matter. The chapters are quite short and broken up into distinct topics. Topics include values, shared vision, love, change, sex, and communication among others. As I read, I got the impression this book was meant to be read over a longer period of time, with each section being discussed and acted on before moving on to the next section. It could be very overwhelming to try to read this book in a single day. I could easily see a husband and wife reading this book together, chapter by chapter, and taking the time to do the suggested marriage exercises and having important discussions on their values and expectations and points of conflict.

The authors wrote this book through the lens of their Christian faith. Fellow Christians will find much they can relate to. Readers of other faith traditions will likely find sections they too can relate to, although it will become evident that this book was written with Christian marriages in mind. The authors also explain near the beginning of the book that it is meant for heterosexual unions where the husband and wife are fully committed to one another. This book would not be applicable to those in a polyamorous or open marriage.

I would recommend this book to Christians who are married or planning to be married. I rated Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationship to last a Lifetime 4 out of 4 stars. The authors are deeply committed to helping marriages thrive through the ups and downs of life and present their ideas in an accessible and relatable manner.

Marriage Strings: Tuning Your Relationship to Last a Lifetime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shelle's review? Post a comment saying so!
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I believe this book will help to understand the concept of marriage. It will also help to save crumbling marriages and understand the ideology of marriage. Thanks for this great book!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Abide Timmy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abide Timmy »

It help to save crumbling marriages and understand the ideology of marriage.
Obwoge moseti001

Post by Obwoge moseti001 »

This book is good and should be recommended for people who want to get married, for any eventuality in marriage they should be prepared sychologically
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a great book to read with your significant other to get the conversation topics flowing. There's a lot that goes into a relationship, so it's good to have discussions even after one has been married for a while. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Norich123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Norich123 »

This seems like a pretty good book,passing time while learning huh?
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I was interested in this book until I read how everything is presented through a Christian viewpoint. There are two people in my marriage, not three. I don't like the idea that you need to be religious to have a successful marriage.
Nardlen
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Nardlen »

Nice book to the married and those planning ahead. I rate it 5 stars
Kirior

Post by Kirior »

Iam interested in this book I wish I could read more. It helps those who are planning to get married to understand that marriage needs commitment. It's also good for those who are married to understand how to make their marriage last forever.
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

Marriages have become challenging these days and clearly this book gives people hope that as challenging as marriage can be it can work. It is a book I would definitely read.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Good review - as you say @CommMayo, the religious aspect may be off-putting, but at least it seems as it the book is upfront about it and doesn't try to smuggle it in.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”