Review: Tempting The Beast (Breeds #1) By Lora Leigh

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Epuise
Currently Reading: Evermore (Immortals #1)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epuise.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review: Tempting The Beast (Breeds #1) By Lora Leigh

Post by Epuise »

This book took me by surprise! To say the least it was a steamy whirlwind romance, with a little bit of everything. From adventure to mystery to down right sadness and suspense! The story starts with a young woman wanting to do a story on "breeds". Breeds are genetically altered human beings who have had their DNA spliced with predators in the animal kingdom. Unknown to the world these beings were created as weapons hidden away and abused. The 'last' survivor of this species Callan Lyon is the object of our heroine's fascination. To get the chance to meet the man who stole her thoughts with just a picture she had to fight against an overprotective family.

Although she ultimately gets to go, things don't go as smoothly as she hopes.Pretending not to know who he is, she starts her information hunt. Mercenaries stalk him while she's finding information on his past, and looking for people willing to discuss his late mother... Pretending not to know him and stalking him are two different things. Looking for the way inside his compound she gets her first full body look at Callan Lyons that leaves her fantasizing and craving his touch. Little did she know, she wasn't the only one feeling that way.

Shortly after that exciting 'encounter' Merinus gets attacked. Unable to control himself Callan saves her and gives her a chaste kiss before leaving her hotel to deal with the mercenaries who attack her. When she wakes her mouth tastes of cinnamon and her body is aching. With their next meeting she confronts him about bringing his species to light under her father's guidance, during their conversation her mind is fuzzy and her body is screaming for his touch. Smelling and seeing her reactions he has no control over himself when it comes to her. Revealing pieces of his past and present as a lust like no other consumes Merinus' mind and body.

Thrown into the "Mating frenzy" their world begins to change. For better or worse?..Her body is changing, her feelings are growing and he's not making things easy. Will saving him give her everything she could ever want? Do they share a destiny or will strong forces tear them apart? If you want to know I suggest going on this wonderful adventure for your self.

This was over all Four out of Four stars for me. Fantastic story, Erotic, action filled and well written. If you're looking for an Erotica that has sci-fy , action and adventure. I would recommend reading this!
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

This one sounds interesting! I like my romance with a healthy dose of sci-if or adventure. Thanks for the review!
Amberlily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberlily.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Amberlily »

Wow, this sounds pretty interesting! It's always nice when a good story pans out alongside the steam. I might give this a read sometime.
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Thanks for the review! I've had my copy of this series for years now but I haven't got myself to read them. I was intercepted by other Paranormal Romance series which got me hooked for years. But now I think I am ready to indulge into another series. Thanks!
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html

Post by Bewa »

Wow from this review I know I am going to read Tempting the Beast. Damn! Well done!
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

Oh my gosh! I've worked my way through 29 of the 31 books in the Breed series and each new story hits me with how original and individual the breeds are. I really love this series!
Kay87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kay87.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Kay87 »

I love her books. They give you a bit of everything you are looking for. This one has got to be my fave. I keep going back to it over and over.
Shaleen kirwa
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Shaleen kirwa »

Wow, I'm loving this,sounds pretty interesting. I won't hesitate to read it. Thanks for the review.
indaybaduday
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by indaybaduday »

This books sound interesting I won't hesitate to read it
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

thanks for the share. I think I would have enjoyed to see what you thought of the book more than reading 3 paragraphs of book summary. definitely an interesting sounding book though
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I've read this book and I initially got into it because I had previously read Laurann dohner's New Species series which has the same vibe to it. I think both series are pretty good but I'm a bigger fan of Dohner. Very concise review keep it up!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”