Official Review: Wild, Reckless Angel by Jessica Burns

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: Wild, Reckless Angel by Jessica Burns

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wild, Reckless Angel" by Jessica Burns.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wild, Reckless Angel by Jessica Burns is a Romance novel consisting of 397 pages. It was published September 7, 2016. This novel would be great for romance lovers and young adults. The author incorporates her hometown into her novel and studies English and Creative Writing in Toronto, Canada.

Dallas Anderson is a young man with two choices following a disaster. He can either attend a Juvenile detention center or move to a new town, with a new school, and join a training team for the National Hockey League. The choices seem like a no brainer, but Dallas makes the choice for his family's sake, not his own. His first day at the new school ends with a night at the hospital but he meets a young girl during the day. Juliette aka Jules is a mysterious carefree angel to him. She is wild, reckless, and affects him in ways he couldn't believe possible. With a simple touch she is able to ground and center him lighting up his world. She gives him something to live for and he no longer just exists but truly embraces life. What happens though when his Angel flies away?

Author Jessica Burns does an amazing job in her piece Wild, Reckless Angel. She takes readers through a variety of emotions with the romance between Dallas and Jules. There are sections in this novel that really tug at your heart. The storyline flows very well and has plenty of exciting climaxes to keep the reader interested. There are also a few plot twists that will throw readers for a loop but seem to make the story even better. She even places a variety of quotes from Ralph Waldo Emmerson throughout the novel as inspiration for the characters but also providing the same affect on the readers. One quote in the novel that really stuck out to me was, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Found on page 125. There were many other great quotations to find while reading the novel.

I also enjoyed hearing the story from Dallas's point of view. He gave more background information to events that took place by sharing what he thought at the time. It really gave his character more depth and helped demonstrate growth as the story progressed. Jules was also another favorite of mine. It was hard not to fall in love with her character. This sweet young girl who could tame Dallas with a simple touch. She had an amazing and compassionate personality but also a wild side. She led Dallas and her friends through several pranks at the school prior to their graduation in the story which were hilarious.

It was hard to find things I did not enjoy about the storyline or the characters. I did have to put the book down for a bit during a section that had me physically emotional but it didn't cause me any dislike toward the novel. I did observe more than ten errors in the story while reading which is why I am giving this book a 3 out of 4 stars rather than a solid 4-star rating. With another round of editing this novel will be an easy 4-star book.

Wild, Reckless Angel
View: on Bookshelves

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

Thank you for your review! This sounds like a sweet novel that would have broad appeal.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I like the quote representation in books, that is a feature which attracts me mostly in a good book. The characters in the story seem to have a matching personality, I mean like she is sweet, care free, reckless, wild, a person who has a bit of everything which sounds great to be around with, while he sounds like a sensible guy based on his judgement. Like to see their love story unfold. Thanks for the review, you have done a nice job!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

The title of the novel draws me in, but the review makes me want to pick it up even more. I look forward to reading about the emotional journey between Dallas and Jules. Thanks for the review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad about the errors, but the characters sound interesting. I'm curious to know about the particulars of Dallas's choices. Thanks for the great information.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

Nice review. I'm not much of a romance novel reader but the book does sound intriguing based on your review. I like that the book includes Emerson quotes. That gives it a little more depth and meaning than the basic cheesy romance read.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”