Official Review: Gray Wolf Mate: League Of Gallize Shifters

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Gray Wolf Mate: League Of Gallize Shifters

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gray Wolf Mate: League Of Gallize Shifters" by NYT bestseller Dianna Love.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you're a sucker for paranormal romance, you don't want to miss Dianna Love’s novel. Star-crossed lovers Cole Cavanaugh and Tess Janver will make you believe in second chances and what it means to sacrifice oneself to save another. It is written in third person point-of-view. Gray Wolf Mate is the first book in the League of Gallize Shifters pentalogy. Each book is a stand alone.

A year after shifters came out in public, Cole Cavanaugh discovered he was one. Moreover, he was a Gallize shifter, a secret shifter kind that has top skills and one of the best in the shifter world. His plan to marry his college sweetheart, Tess, crumbled to dust when he left and became a Gallize shifter. Seven years later, they meet again. This time, Tess is in danger from a dangerous wolf pack. Cole is determined to save her although she thinks that she does not need his help. He has a chance to redeem himself again, even if he knows he’ll soon succumb to a mating curse.

Love has a way to keep the readers interested in the story. She masterfully weaves Tess and Cole’s present lives while inserting bits and pieces of their past. There is something unique in their love story that makes you want to see them together in the end. The action parts are well-written. The pacing is fast, but it still allows readers to keep up without getting lost in the way.

Love also created strong female characters. I could not help but admire their independence and strength. Tess was a strong woman like her mother. She does need her father’s power to secure a high position at work because she is capable to do that on her own. Another strong character was Isabella. I love novels that portray strong women instead of the usual damsels in distress.

The addition of the mating curse twist was delightful. There are too many books in the paranormal romance genre. Most of those books revolve around the same story, and I already got tired of it. The premise of a mating curse was new to me. I loved the concept. The idea of having a variety of shifters also appealed to me. I adored it that shifters were not restricted to the Feline family, as with most books in the same genre. Some shifters are eagles, bears, and even elephants! There are lots of things to watch out for in the next series.

I only found a few errors in the book. For example, “role” his eyes should be “roll” his eyes. Other punctuation marks were missing as well. The errors did not deter my reading pace, though. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Gray Wolf Mate: League of Gallize Shifters by Dianna Love. I give it 4 out of 4 stars. As there is sexual content, I would recommend this book to readers ages 18 and above. This book would also be a good match for readers who enjoy fantasy and paranormal romance.

Gray Wolf Mate: League Of Gallize Shifters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like ellieonline03's review? Post a comment saying so!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I like their strong character and independence. As you mentioned if the story revolve around the same story then it will be frustrating to read. I think I will check it out otherwise ill put it aside. Thanks for the details
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Due to the sexual content, I don't think this one is for me. However, I love the strong female characters and a mating curse. Sounds SO intriguing. Thanks for the great information! Glad you were able to enjoy this one.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

Paranormal romance is one of my favorite genres! With strong female characters and a unique storyline, I'll definitely have to put this one on my reading list. Thanks for the information!
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review. I love paranormal books and this seems to be a good one as well! Awesomesause.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I would love to have more details about this "mating curse," although the title alone makes me think that this isn't for me. It seems like something that diehard paranormal fans would enjoy, though. Thanks for this review.
Musae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musae.html
Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Musae »

I will try this book for sure. I love shifter novels!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The mating curse sounds intriguing. Sounds like an interesting read. Glad it's not the cliche 'damsel in distress' common in this genre. I love your review. Will look for the book.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I almost grabbed this book to review but I was so afraid that it was going to be poorly edited smut. Too bad, so sad. I'm really glad that the book turned out to be so much better than expected. I have a secret weakness for shifter books, but I'll never admit that publicly!
Ebbingwhitelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebbingwhitelight.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ebbingwhitelight »

Nice review! I'm always looking for a new paranormal romance. Your right about the similarities with mates in most series and I love finding ones that put a new twist on it. I'll definitely be adding this to my list to read soon. Thanks!
Xena+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Xena+ »

Thank you for the review. I love shifter novels! I also love strong independent women and how shifters are strongly protective with animal instincts. I think I may try to find this book to read.
Cristina Chifane
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

From your review it sounds like a series more appropriate for teenagers in terms of content although you warn us about the explicitly sexual scenes. Let's include it under the young adult category! :)
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

Paranormal powers I love! The mix of romance and action in it definitely adds to my want to read the book. Good work!
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

I dig books and movies with romance surrounded by metaphysical and supernatural concepts...nice job!
Aliyuoniye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Aliyuoniye »

New York Times Bestseller Dianna Love has created a unique shifter series with immortals, mages, witches and ... sexy badass shifters.
Shifters came out to the public eight years ago and, since then, the world has never been the same for many. But romantic book is not my type.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”