The Doctor's Love By Faith Crawford

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Doctor's Love By Faith Crawford

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Mail Order Bride Romance

STORY-LINE THE DOCTOR'S LOVE:

When Felicity Shepherd's sister and brother-in-law are killed in an accident, she and her sister's child, Rosa, are left destitute. Seeing no other way of support for her and Rose, she answers a mail order bride advertisement from Doctor Andrew Rivers in Montana.

However when she arrives, she finds Doctor Rivers' sister advertised for a bride, and Andrew wants no part of it. A kind man, he offers her a position as his housekeeper. Felicity is stricken with Andrew's kind heart and ways. With Felicity keeping house for him and coming closer, he still did not want a wife, but she still wants a husband. Enter stage right, the young law clerk Victor Godwin. Victor wants a wife and begins to court Felicity. Will Rivers see the competition squiring Felicity about town and have a change of heart? Has he waited too late to realize his interest in the beguiling Felicity? My romance book reviews of The Doctor's Love follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

The Doctor's Love is a short, sweet romance which is an excellent read. Faith Crawford created a kind man in Andrew Rivers, but one who is also blind to what he needs and really wants. As she developed his character, it is fantastic to see him realize what he gave up in haste.

I found Felicity's desperation to marry one of an immature young woman who had always been taken care off by her sister and brother-in-law. Felicity matures by leaps and bound in this sweet clean romance. She goes from a frightened young woman to a mature one who learns the value of her worth and earning a living. I loved watching her grow into an independent person. Including Rosa was a great stroke by Crawford, she is a beautiful child. Who could not love Rosa!

I have to say, I did not care for Victor at all. I found him opinionated and puffed-up like a peacock. There is no comparison between his personality and the personality of Andrew. However, adding in Victor vying for Felicity's hand in marriage gave this book added drama and emotion.

MY OPINION:

Although a short read of seventy-two pages, I found The Doctor's Love a satisfying light romance. Faith Crawford created an entertaining premise, included well-developed characters, and plotting paced correctly for the length of the story. Her scenes flowed well and transitioned smoothly from scene to scene without lagging. I read this excellent story straight through and closed my e-Reader with a sigh of satisfaction. Crawford included bonus content of ten additional books for a total of 610 pages. What a deal for the price of one book. I would not hesitate to buy this collection for myself or a friend.

THE DOCTOR'S LOVE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE

Additionally, I borrowed this collection from ---- and chose to review with honest romance book reviews, voluntarily. Book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, no one influences my reviews.
Attachments
51n2KU05eML._SY346_.jpg
51n2KU05eML._SY346_.jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 379 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”