Love's Cure By Emily Murdoch

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Love's Cure By Emily Murdoch

Post by Birdlady1950 »

First Street Church Romances: Love's Cure

STORY-LINE LOVE'S CURE:

Love's Cure is the fourth book in the Sweet Grove Beginnings series. Featuring Doctor Gerald Anderson and Mariana Bryant, Emily Murdoch enlarges the town with a doctor and explores Mariana's blindness. Geralds run from or driven out of every town he set up practice since losing a patient in a terrible mill accident. Sweet Grove could be the place of solitude, peace, and new beginnings he needs.

Mariana Bryant blinded by an incompetent doctor at the age of four has no love for doctors. Upon meeting Doctor Gerald Anderson, her opinion does not change. Determined to ignore him, she gives him the cold shoulder. However, God has other plans for these two as they struggle with secrets and inadequacy. My romance book reviews of Love's Cure follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Sweet Grove, Texas, a small community populated by Bryants, features in each story in this series . However, adding a doctor, to the population is the beginning of growth. Each of the Bryant's are building a life in Sweet Grove. The brother's stories are in earlier books in this series, and each is a standalone read. However, to increase your enjoyment, I would suggest reading the entire series.

Mariana, twin to Pastor Thomas Bryant, craves independence, as well as, wishing everyone would not hover over her. She is fiercely independent, strong, and her ability to move in her surrounding impressive. With her hatred and slanted view of doctors, Gerald Anderson has a long road ahead to change her mind. Two souls destined to come together, they have faith in God. However, they can not understand the workings of God in their individual situations; they have suffered much in life. Mariana wants a family but sees no way that will happen. Gerald wants only peace in Sweet Grove until he sees Mariana and realizes he wants it all; Mariana, a family, and his practice.

Doctor Gerald Anderson is a character riddled with guilt, and at times, self-doubt. Seeking solitude and peace, running from his past, and in need of shelter from past trauma, Sweet Grove seems perfect. Then meeting the amazing Mariana is the icing on the cake. I felt very sorry for Gerald as his story's revealed.

When Gerald's secret's revealed, will the Bryant family be forgiving and understanding or will they also turn their backs on him: Sorry, you will have to read Love's Cure to find the answer.

MY OPINION:

Love's Cure is an excellent addition to the Sweet Grove Beginnings series. As usual, Emily Murdock crafted an entertaining read filled with hope, second chances, faith, and resilience of the human spirit. I have come to love the Bryant's and look forward to each new book in this series.

Murdoch's characters are well-developed and drive this story. They suffer disappointments and tragedy, as do we all, making this a believable and "true to life" story and series. Her writing flows well with scenes which transition smoothly. As a result, the story is easy to follow. With skillful pacing, plotting which grabs the reader's attention, and keeping Gerald's secret as long as possible, Murdoch holds the reader in the palm of her hand. I think each story gets better and better as Emily Murdoch expanses the family and the storyline. A clean, inspirational romance, I would not hesitate to buy Love's Cure for myself or a friend.

LOVE'S CURE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I borrowed this novella from --- and received a copy from the author. I chose to review with honest romance book reviews, voluntarily.
Attachments
51u2AaXRb0L._SY346_.jpg
51u2AaXRb0L._SY346_.jpg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 373 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”