Something Of A Spark By Monique McDonell

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Something Of A Spark By Monique McDonell

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Jewel Sisters Romance Kindle Edition

STORY-LINE SOMETHING OF A SPARK BY MONIQUE MCDONELL:

In Something Of A Spark, Sapphire Smith's a working girl. She works three jobs and lives a modest lifestyle. However, Saffy has a huge secret. One of the 4 Jewel Sisters of Caudal Bay, Sapphire/Saffy is a millionaire songwriter. Her family thinks she's a PA for Nashville recording Artist Ryan Storm, but she also writes all his songs; yes, this is a huge secret. Home for a visit Saffy's world is about to turn on a dime. When she wrecks her car avoiding a young child, handsome, hot Fireman Campbell's on the scene. Cam, a former attorney, loves Caudal Bay's small-town feel, the people's values, and above all, he values honesty.

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive”

As Saffy and Cam's relationship grows, Saffy realizes she has a problem. Will Saffy's lies stop this romance in its tracks and endanger her relationships with her family? My romance book review of A Spark of Something follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Monique McDonell's A Spark Of Something is an intense romance filled with secrets, indecision, and insecurity, as well as, humor. Sapphire, aka Saffy, Smith's family is zany, wacky, close-knit, and loving. One of the Jewell Sisters, all named for gems, Saffy has an over-protective mother, three sisters differing in personalities, and a steadfast father. McDonell filled this lovely story with powerful family dynamics.

Secrets will not stay secret forever as Saffy finds in Something Of A Spark. They have a way of biting you in the behind. Ryan, a Nashville country singing artist, is Saffy's most faithful and best friend. He tried to persuade her to reveal to her family their association. However, Saffy's insecurities overcame common sense.

McDonell created two people with their own set of insecurities, introduced romance into the mix, and stirred gently. Cam ask one thing of Saffy. He asks her to be upfront with him. Secrets are a death toll to Cam. Cam has issues from his past which impact his ability to deal with secrets. Saffy wanted independence, to make her way, and forge her path; the result of holding her secrets close may endanger the best thing she has ever had. It was terrific to watch Cam and Saffy mature and grow in this book.

McDonell skillfully developed the plot in Something Of A Spark, bringing all the plot threads together smoothly. Her writing's fresh, original, and flows well. With clear, vivid descriptions, the reader's enmeshed into the lives of the Smith family, Ryan, Saffy, and Cam. The emotions between Cam and Saffy are intense with innuendo without in-depth descriptions. The heat scale for this book would be about a two out of 5.
By the time I finished this book, I felt I knew each character personally. Leaving openings for future books, I look forward to what author Monique McDonell has in store for the other sisters.

Also, I borrowed this book from---------- and received a copy from the author. I chose to voluntarily review the book with honest romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions.
Attachments
B076XTGGBH.01._SX142_SY224_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B076XTGGBH.01._SX142_SY224_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review. The cover is really cute, I always like beach pictures, I will be adding to me shelf and checking this one out :techie-studyinggray:
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

This is a great review. I today out of curiosity decided to check out on reviews for romantic books. I must say that I am not dissapointed. You must have enjoyed reading this book.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”