A Mother's Faith by Madison Grace

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

A Mother's Faith by Madison Grace

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Mother's Faith has the main story and 19 more bonus stories; plus Amazon Number 1 Seller “A Run-Away Bride”. What a deal for lovers of romance. I chose to review A Mother's Faith.

STORY-LINE A MOTHER'S FAITH BY MADISON GRACE:

Bridget Johnson's mother-in-law, Harriet Johnson, hates her because she's Irish; never a good word to say to her or the children. When her husband's killed in the line of duty as Sheriff, she's alone and desperate. Mrs. Johnson threw her and the children out of her mansion, leaving them almost destitute and sleeping in barns. Knowing this is only a temporary solution, Bridget answers a mail order bride ad and heads west to Wyoming and Hank Dawson; who's seeking someone to help on his farm and pull their weight.

However, prejudice exist everywhere; in the West the Indians are the recipients of everyone hatred. Hank has nothing good to say about the Indians, making Bridget wonder if she will ever escape prejudice. As they face a crisis, will Hank and Bridget's marriage survive? My romance book review of A Mother's Faith follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Madison Grace's A Mother's Faith is a story of second chances, prejudice, faith, and family. Giving Bridget a nurturing personality, faith, and determination, Grace created exactly what Hank needs in his life. Hank's a stand-offish man, who seems to stand apart from Bridgett and the children. However, Bridgett's determined to forge a family unite.

Every good romance must have an antagonist and Harriett Johnson filled this role with every words that came from her mouth. What a piece of work; prejudice against all nationalities, society minded, filthy rich, she's thinks a lot of herself. You, dear reader, will love to hate her. I wanted to shake her; prejudice is the one thing that gets my ire up, as under the skin we are all the same.

Then you have Hank, who's very prejudice against the Indians. Bridgett compares her situation to the Indians and realizes Hank is as prejudiced as Harriett Johnson. When a crisis occurs, Hank's determined to stand his ground. I loved watching Madison Grace mature Hank and open his eyes.

MY OPINION:

A Mother's Faith is a short sweet clean romance which kept me entertained from the first page. Author's can not develop their story-lines or characters in a novella to the same depth they can a novel. However, Grace, did a skillful job of creating a solid romance filled with emotion. I found her scenes transitioned smoothly and her writing flowed well. I found the pace in line with the length of book and she brought the plot together smoothly. Although, I wished we could have heard a little more of Hanks background and the Indian hostilities of the area. However, a novella limits how much the author can include. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend. It's a wonderful buy at 3.99 when you consider all the stories included.

A MOTHER'S FAITH RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

In addition, I borrowed this book from ------------- and received this book from the author. I chose to voluntarily review the book with honest romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Further more, the ARC nor any one else influences my voluntary romance book reviews.
Attachments
cover
cover
51C9xgxUC0L._SY346_.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”