Official Review: The Honeypot Chronicles 2

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: The Honeypot Chronicles 2

Post by MarisaRose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Honeypot Chronicles 2" by R. Marlaan Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Honeypot Chronicles 2 – Kinky Me, Kinky You by R. Marlaan Rush is a collection of six erotica stories. The stories range in length from ten to fifteen pages, and each focuses on a different set of characters in varying situations. A husband and wife enjoying each other’s company while dining at an upscale restaurant, an inventive half-time game during a football party, and a girlfriend’s insecurities put to rest are just some of the stories one will find in this collection.

All but one of the stories in The Honeypot Chronicles 2 stood out as well written and interesting. Although each story is relatively short, the author packs quite a punch in only a few pages. With the exception of the first story, ‘Lust After Dark,’ which was the shortest story and the most lacking in any type of character development or excitement, each story had just enough character description and scenery to vividly bring the situation to life. However, I would have enjoyed a little more character development in order to better understand and connect with the various characters. Moreover, the writing is desirable because it is to the point, the author avoids bogging down any scene with overwhelming details.

Furthermore, the stories in this collection are varied enough to hold the reader's interest from one to the next, and the collection, at only 75 pages, can easily be read in one sitting. Many times, these types of collections can quickly become repetitive, but that is not the case with The Honeypot Chronicles 2. Each story focuses on different types of characters and situations, so the erotica described in each is equally varied and interesting. The book includes mostly hetero situations, but there are instances of multiple partners and another dealing with bi-curiosity.

Not only are the situations, characters and kinks varied in each story, but the perspectives changed as well. Some stories are told from a male perspective, while others are seen through the eyes of a female; there are even some stories with multiple points of view. This further adds to the author’s ability to hold the reader’s attention by creating curiosity about the different feelings, emotions and desires of the distinct perspectives she utilizes.

The six short stories in The Honeypot Chronicles 2 are quick, fun reads sure to whet the appetite of fans of erotica. However, as can be expected with the genre, the content in this collection is of an adult nature and should only be read by an appropriate audience. Since I enjoyed reading all but one of the stories in this collection, and the author expertly avoided repetition, I give this one 4 out of 4 stars. Adults who like to read erotica in short-story form and who don’t mind exploring various kinks will enjoy dipping their hand in this honeypot.

The Honeypot Chronicles 2
View: on Bookshelves

Like MarisaRose's review? Post a comment saying so!
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Looks like some great short stories, will make sure to read. Great review though
InfinityReader
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by InfinityReader »

Wow, sounds like a really good read. i will add it to my shelves and have a look. Thanks for the review
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This isn't my genre, but it sounds good for those that like that sort of thing. Thanks for a good review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Samuelkwasiyeboah
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Samuelkwasiyeboah »

Short but very educative
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I really have to be in a mood to read erotica genre stories. I usually don't mind sex scenes in my romance novels, but a whole book only about it...it's seldom that I'd pick it up. I did enjoy your review, however, MarisaRose. Great job.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I don't think I've ever come across a collection of short stories in the romance genre. This sounds like a good book for when I just want a quick, easy read but don't have a lot of time. Thanks for the review!
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

This is a great review. It definitely got me interested in this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”